Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the magnaflowmhigh glass pack for my 91 4.0 I was something that sounds good and doesn't early have drone. Not looking for anything crazy or flowmasters.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I have a complete custom Magnaflow exhaust on my YJ, and it sounds great. Its an 87 with a 4.2, but basically the same as yours.

The only thing i did different is i went with a 2.75" pipe front to back, to let it breathe easier.

On their website i belive the cat back kit is around 275ish, with your choice of muffler.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i run a raptor muffler and made the rest of my exhaust on my yj and i love the sound of it. picked the muffler up cheap and did the piping myself. also dumped the exhaust off before the rear axle and i have never had a problem with it. i love my exhaust

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a complete custom Magnaflow exhaust on my YJ, and it sounds great. Its an 87 with a 4.2, but basically the same as yours.

The only thing i did different is i went with a 2.75" pipe front to back, to let it breathe easier.

On their website i belive the cat back kit is around 275ish, with your choice of muffler.
What muffler? And 3 cats?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
What muffler? And 3 cats?
I went with the Magnaflow glasspack 16" long, 4" diameter. Gives a deeper lower tone than a cherry bomb or similar glass pack. And the nice thing about my Magnaflow system is, everything is stainless.

3 cats? Dont have a clue what you are talking about there.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
We have a glasspack on a Toyota Supra, it may only be a 2.8L I6, but it's still really annoying. I don't advise on glasspacks...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts