Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have you found to be the best protect for use on your sailcloth soft tops? I was recommended the best top kit from QT but I've used 303 products in the past and like them. Are sailcloth tops actually cloth that need a "scotch guard " like protectant or are they closer to a vinyl material that needs an "armor-all" like product (not armor all).

Thanks in advance.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I bought this on Amazon for my Premium top. From reading this forum, seems to be a good choice.
Yes, that kit is awesome for the Premium top. But the standard top is more vinyl-like than fabric... :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes, that kit is awesome for the Premium top. But the standard top is more vinyl-like than fabric... :)
thank you StarBrite for the confirmation, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can try it out on my top. It's 22F right now so I guess I have a bit of a wait...

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
thank you StarBrite for the confirmation, I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can try it out on my top. It's 22F right now so I guess I have a bit of a wait...
Just remember to tape off your windows and drop a cheap drop cloth underneath the top to cover the tub when you apply the fabric guard. It goes a little faster with a foam brush/roller, too. :thumb:

It's currently 37* here in <cough, cough> SUNNY Texas. I cannot WAIT for spring!!! :atomic:

·
Registered
40 Posts
303 makes great products for Vinyl and Fabric but those are two different products. Actually they have different products for cleaning and protection of each material. I use their products on my boat vinyl and sunbrella fabric bimini.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
The sail cloth is fabric tho right?
I believe the sailcloth is a fabric LIKE material, not a TRUE fabric like the Premium top twill fabric.

As you can see from the description of the 303 Aerospace protectant link above, that one specifically mentions sailcloth by name.

Hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Just remember to tape off your windows and drop a cheap drop cloth underneath the top to cover the tub when you apply the fabric guard. It goes a little faster with a foam brush/roller, too. :thumb: It's currently 37* here in <cough, cough> SUNNY Texas. I cannot WAIT for spring!!! :atomic:
thank you StarBrite for the suggestion. I have family in Sunny Dallas and they mentioned just how balmy it's been lately in Texas... 😳

1 - 15 of 15 Posts