Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get out of the expensive muscle car business til I can afford it heh. Anyways I'm looking at both years as cant seem to find a locally advertised deal on a 2012. I'm wondering what would be a good reasonable offer for a 12? Is it even worth getting one now or get a 13 model for 1-2% below invoice?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Hate to tell you, but leaving muscle cars and going to a Jeep Wrangler, you're still gonna be eatin Beenie Weenies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
they are the exact same price. the chore is finding the one you want and your dealer being able to get it. ive been working with my dealer for 3 weeks still no luck.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
There are not that many 12s left and I think the depreciation after you drive off the lot at this point is not worth it anyways.....around here you'd be damn lucky to get a Jeep for invoice

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's not so much about the cost of gas or maintenance. It's mostly about the deprecation. I'd like to have a fun vehicle that'll have some trade value if I want to upgrade later. I have a Camaro that's value took a nose dive. So I'm trying to get rid of it and have a practical vehicle in the country

I can get 13's at invoice no problem. Just no clue if I should even make an offer on a 12

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hate to tell you, but leaving muscle cars and going to a Jeep Wrangler, you're still gonna be eatin Beenie Weenies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
No...... it'll be WORSE!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

My last 3
09 SRT8 Challenger
08 SRT8 Challenger
07 Shelby GT/SC

I've still spent MORE on my JKU

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How so? What do I take into account?

I got a 3k on the dash Camaro 2SS vert. Went from a 45k price tag to 30k trade in

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Mod money.... I've dump more cash than I'm proud to admit on mine (JKU). The cars were mostly stock.

My last challenger was 33K trade and I think I paid 43K 2 years before and 24k miles later.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Both!

I wish I had enough room in my shop (too many bikes) to park the Jeep next to my GT500.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
It depends on the options you want too. A lot of options went up on the 13'. So if you wanted a loaded Sahara or Rubi then factor in about $1500 difference in invoice and then the extra % you can get off of the 12' rather then the 13'. Maybe end up $2500 difference but also consider if jeep is offering special financing on the 12'

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it too early to ask for 2% under invoice and an additional 1% for a Jeep that's been on the lot for at least 2 months?

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
It depends on the options you want too. A lot of options went up on the 13'. So if you wanted a loaded Sahara or Rubi then factor in about $1500 difference in invoice and then the extra % you can get off of the 12' rather then the 13'. Maybe end up $2500 difference but also consider if jeep is offering special financing on the 12'
Don't remind me! My price went up several hundred bucks just for waiting past 10/1.

And I priced my exact same vehicle under the first set of 2012 pricing rates...and my Jeep is $2000 more expensive than it was a year ago!

Between the base price increase, the destination charge increase, the increase for the top, the gears, connectivity, leather, and remote start...Chrysler really bent me over....

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Is it too early to ask for 2% under invoice and an additional 1% for a Jeep that's been on the lot for at least 2 months?
Not at all...
I emaield several dealers in early August and asked for the best price. I told them I had an affiliate membership, and only dealt with the ones that starteted at below 3% invoice.

Make sure you have an affiliate membership (Tread Ligthly or something).

Remember holdback is 3% below invoice....so -3% is dealer net cost. But if you use an affiliate discount, the dealer is rebated 2% of invoice. That does not even get into monthly unit incentives.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much should I offer for a 12 altitude already advertised at invoice? Would it be worth it? also I already subscribed to tread lightly.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
How much should I offer for a 12 altitude already advertised at invoice? Would it be worth it? also I already subscribed to tread lightly.
Are you a USAA member? Awesome car buying service, which I bent to my Jeep purchase with really good results.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry to bump this thread up... But I'm facing the same issue right now after testing a 2k13 this past Saturday. Started to search my local dealers inventories online and found a 2k12 with what I want.

Do you think it's worth trying to deal to help them make it leave their lot? :D

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Do you think it's worth trying to deal to help them make it leave their lot? :D
Possibly. :D

Some mention the depreciation factor on the "old" 2012; happens on the new also, plus you can negotiate more on the '12. The other side of the coin is that getting a 2012 versus an equivalent 2013 now means that you end up with a lower-mile 2012 model after X years, which means that trade-in value then might be closer than you think.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts