Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

regular rubicon or 10th ann.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok should i order the 10th or the reg.i want to order a unlimited rubicon. i am curious is the 10th worth the extra money or just get a regular and build it. i guess what i am trying to figure out do i want to spend 5k on a plaq, bumpers and a hood or is there more to it than that?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm pretty sure you missed the window to order the 10th anniversary. If you order now, it's a 2014.

So, I guess that solves your problem!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my dealer is able to pull one from another dealership

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Yeap, you will have to wait for the 2014 Rubicon X if you want 10A-like Rubi.... No more of the rather rare 2013 10As to order.

Edit: so you mean buy not order.....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
What are you doing with it? If you are modding it already you will end up scrapping alot of the 10A gear anyway. If it is just a street rig, have at it!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you are right i would buy the 10th from a transfer dealer and or order the rubicon from factory. it is going to be a weekend warrior truck dd all week and mud and mountains on the weekend. i run my tj in the woods like a 2 dollar hooker.

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
It's up to $2 now.... :eek:

Thank you for your service, jarhead! Get whatever you want, you've earned it. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
If you plan on keeping all the 10A stuff (bumpers, rails, etc) then get it. If you will be putting on after market bumpers and rails, the 10A would be a waste.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i am leaning towards the reg. rubicon. i think the only thing id keep is the hood now i think about it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
If you love the Anniversary model for what it is and are happy with the options, get it. If you plan to mod the Jeep, the average Rubicon is a better buy.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It's up to $2 now.... :eek:

Thank you for your service, jarhead! Get whatever you want, you've earned it. :thumb:
That's right Bill! Amen! Your call devildog. Got your six, what ever you decide!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the help hard chargers. my stealership isnt all that bad of a place he was able to source me a factory hood and add it to mine deleting the stock one. so i am ordering the reg. with the hood and added half doors and full doors for still less than a 10A. still not final yet but we are working on the details.

·
Registered
297 Posts
thanks for all the help hard chargers. my stealership isnt all that bad of a place he was able to source me a factory hood and add it to mine deleting the stock one. so i am ordering the reg. with the hood and added half doors and full doors for still less than a 10A. still not final yet but we are working on the details.
Wait you mean a 10th anniversary hood? Really that seems interesting.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts

Ooh nice! I love the factory half doors! Post pics when you get it! :drool:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Damn Jarheads get all the love... Kidding 2500 get what you want my friend I was told I deserved it so you do as well. Get what makes you happy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dont be jealous. i guess the poll ended and custom ordered rubicon has to happen. to bad i have to wait 4-6 weeks for it but hey it will be sweet. thanks for all the help guys.i guess it is time to turn the tj into the offroad machine i always wanted and make this one my mall crusier. who am i kidding i am going to mud that thing on the test drive.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well pulled the trigger on a 13 jkur. i pick up tuesday and i also got the 10a hood coming in as well. ill have to wait on the half doors. i cant wait to pick it up.itll look awsome next to my tj. both covered in sh*t.

·
Retired Moderator
100,702 Posts
well pulled the trigger on a 13 jkur. i pick up tuesday and i also got the 10a hood coming in as well. ill have to wait on the half doors. i cant wait to pick it up.itll look awsome next to my tj. both covered in sh*t.
Good decision, plus you will now have the Heavy duty Rock-Trac transfer case and the Dana 44 front diff with locker!

Thank you for your service and helping to keep our Country safe!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts