Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4-door. I am looking to just level it 2.5". I use it everyday and I don't plan to off road. I want to upgrade my tires to 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Many people have told me to get Teraflex but I wanted opinions on other brands that may be cheaper or even to know more about Teraflex and why I should definitely go with that brand. I also don't know if it is necessary for me to get a kit with shocks or not because I know that increases the price. I am willing to spend around $500 and maybe even more but I want to make sure that whatever kit I get, it will give me a good ride.
Also- I am just purchasing the kit but my boyfriend is installing for me.

Thanks in advance!

Alicia

·
Registered
52 Posts
What rear end do you have 3.21 or 3.73. After putting lift and bigger tires performance may decline with 3.21. Additionally you can level the car by using Billestin adjustable shocks may be an option

·
Super Moderator
14,550 Posts
Hi Alicia, based on your stated usage I would recommend a budget boost. It is a spacer style lift and they perform quite well when your off road usage is less extreme.

There are only a couple of kits from Rough Country that I like and this is one of them. It has the spring spacers, sway bar links, brake line brackets, track bar bracket, shock extensions, etc.

Rough Country 2.5" Series II Suspension Spacer Lift Kit without Shocks - RC-634

I would add a set of control arm brackets for proper caster correction.

Rubicon Express Front Control Arm Drop Brackets - Black Powdercoated - RUB-RE9800

You are still less than $300 and you will look and drive properly. It's a perfect set up for 33's. That leaves you room to upgrade shocks down the road when you are ready.

Good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you plan on keeping it for a while, I wouldn't skimp on parts. I have heard nothing but good things about the AEV lift, from dealers, to installers, to actual owners. They say the ride is better than stock. When I am ready to lift, that is the direction I am going.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Teraflex 2.5" , Rancho shocks and Duratrac 33", a match made in Heaven. And one that will not give you issues, rides and handles better than stock.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Alicia, based on your stated usage I would recommend a budget boost. It is a spacer style lift and they perform quite well when your off road usage is less extreme.

There are only a couple of kits from Rough Country that I like and this is one of them. It has the spring spacers, sway bar links, brake line brackets, track bar bracket, shock extensions, etc.

Rough Country 2.5" Series II Suspension Spacer Lift Kit without Shocks - RC-634

I would add a set of control arm brackets for proper caster correction.

Rubicon Express Front Control Arm Drop Brackets - Black Powdercoated - RUB-RE9800

You are still less than $300 and you will look and drive properly. It's a perfect set up for 33's. That leaves you room to upgrade shocks down the road when you are ready.

Good luck!

Thanks! As I was looking through the many lifts I came by a budget boost but I wasn't sure what made it different than others beside it was less expensive. I will definitely keep that in mind.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Teraflex 2.5" , Rancho shocks and Duratrac 33", a match made in Heaven. And one that will not give you issues, rides and handles better than stock.
Is there any specific Rancho shocks that you would recommend? I just went on their website and entered my vehicles specifics and it says "there are no product matching the selection" for 2015 Jeep Wrangler 4WD.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi Alicia, based on your stated usage I would recommend a budget boost. It is a spacer style lift and they perform quite well when your off road usage is less extreme. There are only a couple of kits from Rough Country that I like and this is one of them. It has the spring spacers, sway bar links, brake line brackets, track bar bracket, shock extensions, etc. Rough Country 2.5" Series II Suspension Spacer Lift Kit without Shocks - RC-634 I would add a set of control arm brackets for proper caster correction. Rubicon Express Front Control Arm Drop Brackets - Black Powdercoated - RUB-RE9800 You are still less than $300 and you will look and drive properly. It's a perfect set up for 33's. That leaves you room to upgrade shocks down the road when you are ready. Good luck!
I'm with pressurized. Go with the spacer lift

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I have had Rancho 9000xls on for two years. From What others are saying a less expensive shock that works well is the Rancho 5000. Kjeeper 10 runs them and I and many others value his opinion very highly. Trust us when we say there are Ranchos for your jeep, sometimes supplier websites do not show the whole tamale.

The 9000xls are really excellent for folks who will occasionally pull a trailer (which we do) because they are adjustable. If the adjustment is not something you think you might need the 5000s asI said are a less pricey choice.

In either case you will have an excellent set-up and you can run with great confidence in a tried and tested setup that just kicks butt. (for not a whole bunch of money either)

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
They are definitely cheaper. To each his own. Never anyone on trail or forums say how great their pucks are, but I bet there are several thousands post to report the quality of the "COMBO".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Timely question! :) Looking at lift options for my wife's 2015 3.73 Sahara. It's her daily driver, but we're catching the jeeping bug big time (surprise, surprise).

What are people's thoughts on running the stock 18 wheels with a lift kit, shocks and 33" tires?

·
Registered
623 Posts
They are definitely cheaper. To each his own. Never anyone on trail or forums say how great their pucks are, but I bet there are several thousands post to report the quality of the "COMBO".
For her needs which are purely aesthetic and no desire to off road the pucks make sense. I completely agree with you though. If it will see the trails I wouldn't do spacers

·
Super Moderator
14,550 Posts
For her needs which are purely aesthetic and no desire to off road the pucks make sense. I completely agree with you though. If it will see the trails I wouldn't do spacers
I'm interested in your no trails with spacers view. Are you saying that your stock Jeep with additional ground clearance is no longer usable off road?

We're not talking about taking the difficult lines at Moab here... But I've never seen a spacer fail on the trail. Lets also be clear, I'm certainly not suggesting everyone run spacers...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My pucks are great.

I've also done a few "mild" trail runs. Pretty sure I got out of the jeep at least once and thought to myself, my pucks are great.

My jeep was very capable out of the box. An extra 2.5" belly clearance only makes it more capable.

I say, run the pucks. If you start wheeling and somehow determine the puck lift is limiting your capabilities, you've only invested $180.00, at that point it was probably worth it because you'll probably know a lot more about what you need, instead of going by what other people say you need.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Ok Pucks are great. I'm wrong.

·
Registered
657 Posts
What rear end do you have 3.21 or 3.73. ....
He's asking about the Jeep, by the way. Just to be clear :)

Yes, Pressurized for the win.

I put the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift on my JKU with 33" tires and importantly, geometry correction brackets as suggested. The result is a Jeep that looks and handles great.

Don't forget the brackets.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm interested in your no trails with spacers view. Are you saying that your stock Jeep with additional ground clearance is no longer usable off road? We're not talking about taking the difficult lines at Moab here... But I've never seen a spacer fail on the trail. Lets also be clear, I'm certainly not suggesting everyone run spacers...
Nope. I've seen plenty of stock jeeps do some pretty incredible things off road.

My reasoning to lean more towards springs than pucks for off-roading is not because one is more capable than the other. When you off-road you tend to have heavier gear (i.e. Recovery gear, winch, bumpers, armor, etc). You'll need the extra cool to hold those things up. That's why I don't like spacers for trails. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Nope. I've seen plenty of stock jeeps do some pretty incredible things off road. My reasoning to lean more towards springs than pucks for off-roading is not because one is more capable than the other. When you off-road you tend to have heavier gear (i.e. Recovery gear, winch, bumpers, armor, etc). You'll need the extra cool to hold those things up. That's why I don't like spacers for trails. Just my opinion.
But did you read the first three sentences of the original post?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts