Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase some XD wheels and have the option between these 2 sizes: 285/65/18 and 275/70/18. My 2012 JKU is stock. Which would fit better without any lift? I do not fully understand the tire sizing, so I am coming here for help...

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I am about to purchase some XD wheels and have the option between these 2 sizes: 285/65/18 and 275/70/18. My 2012 JKU is stock. Which would fit better without any lift? I do not fully understand the tire sizing, so I am coming here for help...
Good thread that addresses your question directly, and will also school you on wheel backspacing, which is important for choosing a tire/wheel combo where the tire is wider than stock: Largest tire on stock JK? Here's your answer!

As for specifics, the 285 is 32.5" tall (actual height will be smaller) and 11.2" wide; the 275 is 33.1" tall and 10.8" wide. You'll be able to run either one without a lift, but the taller one may rub your fenders if you wheel with your sway bars disconnected. Other than that, you should have no issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts