Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new trek armor shade top or spiderweb shade? Or a bestop cable style safari top? Can't decide to go with mesh or not. I live in oklahoma so the summers are pretty humid. Help!!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
The new trek armor shade top or spiderweb shade? Or a bestop cable style safari top? Can't decide to go with mesh or not. I live in oklahoma so the summers are pretty humid. Help!!
We have the spiderweb shade ultramesh and LOVE it! :thumb:

And we live in Florida, so I don't know how much more hot and humid you can get. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Down in El Paso, I have the spiderweb shade on top and for the back windows.

I also have the Bestop Trektop NX. That works well but keeps the heat in. Spiderweb is the way to go.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Recently got the spider web mesh and highly recommend it for style quality performance price and convenience of leaving on under soft top so it's ready when u need it and nothing else to buy to install as well. Protects my daughter in back from sun burn and looks great. Trust me won't e disappointed with it

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just purchased the JKini for our 4-door JKU…loving it! Especially nice to be able to leave it in place with the panels on.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
It is probably to early to make a comparison with the Trek Armor shade.....but the but Spiderwebshade is really nice.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1 I have the Spider Web Shade Jkini and Trek Armor's seat covers and both are quality products.
This is where I'm at. I have trek armor seat covers and that are amazing. So I'm just assuming that their shade will be of the same quality. That's why the decision is so hard!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Pretty happy with my trailmesh SWS here in DFW. Pretty much same weather as OKC, just not as much rain as you've had in OK this summer. I also have a bikini top and that thing just radiated IR energy down on your head all summer long. It'll go back on if the rain ever returns around here.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pretty happy with my trailmesh SWS here in DFW. Pretty much same weather as OKC, just not as much rain as you've had in OK this summer. I also have a bikini top and that thing just radiated IR energy down on your head all summer long. It'll go back on if the rain ever returns around here.
Ya we have had a ton of rain, but we needed it bad.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I put the Spider Web Shade Trail Mesh on 3 weeks ago, and only put the top up now when it rains. It makes a huge difference in the inside temperature here in Indiana. My wife played with it the first day putting her arm out into the sun, then back in to see how much cooler it was, and we can say it's a huge difference.

It DOES flap a little in the wind at 45+mph. You can't see it moving, but there's a little noise sometimes. It's very small and doesn't bother me, but it's there. I've tightened and adjusted it several times, it's just the nature of the beast. The other thing is the inside of the Jeep is so much darker with the soft top up and the Spider Web shade on. Come fall or winter, I'll probably take off the spider web before putting on the hard top for this reason.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I put the Spider Web Shade Trail Mesh on 3 weeks ago, and only put the top up now when it rains. It makes a huge difference in the inside temperature here in Indiana. My wife played with it the first day putting her arm out into the sun, then back in to see how much cooler it was, and we can say it's a huge difference.

It DOES flap a little in the wind at 45+mph. You can't see it moving, but there's a little noise sometimes. It's very small and doesn't bother me, but it's there. I've tightened and adjusted it several times, it's just the nature of the beast. The other thing is the inside of the Jeep is so much darker with the soft top up and the Spider Web shade on. Come fall or winter, I'll probably take off the spider web before putting on the hard top for this reason.
Which color did you get? I was thinking of getting one of the lighter colors, thought it wouldn't darken things badly.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I actually got black. I thought about doing another color for that same reason. At the end of the day, I couldn't decide and went black. It's not really all that dark with the top off, but with the top up it's really dark inside. I'm quite happy with the black nonetheless. I'll pop some pics from the inside and post them later this evening if it doesn't rain.

I have a Deep Cherry Red Jeep with mineral grey and black accessories, and I just couldn't figure out something that would look good with it. If they had a darker grey I would probably have done that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not the greatest pics but here's some from inside the drivers door and tailgate, top on and top off.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
This is where I'm at. I have trek armor seat covers and that are amazing. So I'm just assuming that their shade will be of the same quality. That's why the decision is so hard!
I have the TA shade and they are currently making revisions to their shade. It covers rollbar to rollbar which I like but the mesh let's in less sun and less air as a result. So far looks like its top quality, but I don't run a shade when its 100+ like it is most of summer in Texas. I will wait until Sept-November and then again March- May.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts