Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a '12 Jeep Wrangler 2d Sport. I am curious about running wheel spacers on it. I currenyly have 17" wheels with a 32.1" BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A tires. I like the look of vehicles with wheel spacers. Was curious if anyone had ideas on them? Don't want to spend a ton of money on them, but want a good product.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Was curious if anyone had ideas on them? Don't want to spend a ton of money on them, but want a good product.
I bough the RedRock wheel spacers from Extreme Terrain last October to use with my 10th anniversary rims and BFG KO2 tires. I compared these to the SpiderTrax spacers, they are both Hub Centric which is key. I've had mine since October with no issues, plenty other forum members have purchased them too. Good price on the set.

RedRock 4x4 1.5 in. Wrangler Wheel Spacers - 5x5 Bolt Pattern J100749 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I think 4 spacers will run about $200.00. Ya cheaper than 4 wheels but you could sell your rims too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've ran a set of 1.25" for about 5,000 miles with absolutely no trouble on stock 7.5" rubi wheels. My problem was after new wheels didn't take them off, tried to flex an tires were too wide.

Pm sent

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I bough the RedRock wheel spacers from Extreme Terrain last October to use with my 10th anniversary rims and BFG KO2 tires. I compared these to the SpiderTrax spacers, they are both Hub Centric which is key. I've had mine since October with no issues, plenty other forum members have purchased them too. Good price on the set.

RedRock 4x4 1.5 in. Wrangler Wheel Spacers - 5x5 Bolt Pattern J100749 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
+1

I think 4 spacers will run about $200.00. Ya cheaper than 4 wheels but you could sell your rims too.
$120 shipped for a set of 4. PM Ryan @ XT

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm confused with all the +1, X2 and X2 talk... sorry (new guy). Are you guys offering to sell some or is there a link I can find these adapters for $120?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm confused with all the +1, X2 and X2 talk... sorry (new guy). Are you guys offering to sell some or is there a link I can find these adapters for $120?
Just agreeing with each other. :D

Here's a link to them but they are showing OOS

PM Ryan at Extreme Terrain for a discount... or maybe he'll poke his head in here and let us know when they're expected back in stock.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I'll def check these out. Last question: given the choice between 1.5" & 2" which would you choose?

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
Yep, instead of repeating something, we will X2 (times 2) in a post.

As for the width of the spacers, always 1.5... Less and you run the risk of needing to cut your factory studs and more only adds leverage and increases wear on suspension components.

·
Registered
183 Posts
aren't all the spacer kits aluminum?
I really can't see the difference if they are all aluminum and use loc-tite.
The lug and hub centric is aspect is relevant, however.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
aren't all the spacer kits aluminum?
I really can't see the difference if they are all aluminum and use loc-tite.
The lug and hub centric is aspect is relevant, however.
You are right, I had a brain fart and was thinking about spacers on heavy duty trucks like 3/4 and 1 ton diesels where I have seen issues with cheap (compared to steal) aluminum spacers.

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
Whatever you do don't cheap out and get aluminum spacers.
Huh? You know they should all be machined from 6061T6 billet aluminum...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, would I be correct in saying if I got new wheels with a shorter backspace, then my tire would stick out further adding to the overall stance of my JK I'm looking for? I'm not looking for my tires to be WAY outside the fender well, however I would like them to be out an inch and a half or so (maybe 2).

I will most likely purchase the 1.5" adapters and see what it does to the stance. If I like it, great! If not, and it doesn't really add to the more aggressive stance I'm looking for, I may need to look into a wheel with shorter backspace since I've been seeing many threads advising others NOT to get a 2" spacer.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
So, would I be correct in saying if I got new wheels with a shorter backspace, then my tire would stick out further adding to the overall stance of my JK I'm looking for? I'm not looking for my tires to be WAY outside the fender well, however I would like them to be out an inch and a half or so (maybe 2).

I will most likely purchase the 1.5" adapters and see what it does to the stance. If I like it, great! If not, and it doesn't really add to the more aggressive stance I'm looking for, I may need to look into a wheel with shorter backspace since I've been seeing many threads advising others NOT to get a 2" spacer.

Thoughts?
Stock wheels are 6.25" back spacing. When you add the 1.5" spacer it goes to 4.75". For bigger tires we run between 4.5 and 5.0 back spacing.

Now, the stock wheel is 7.5 wide... If you have an 8.5 wide wheel also with 4.75 back spacing, it is going to stick out an additional 1 inch farther than the stock wheel because the additional width is all on the outside of the wheel if the back spacing is the same.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts