Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get much a response to my recent, similar post, so I'll as the question a little more generally. I'm curious about what aftermarket rims folks are using with 18" tires on JKURs. I'm mostly interested in 18x8.5s. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,117 Posts
Without any more information, I'd pickup a set of 18" Sahara takeoffs.

I especially like the Altitude Edition wheels painted black with the lip left polished --especially the first generation with the 5-spoke design.

They are readily available on eBay and Craigslist for around $100 each, and they will mount on your JK without a glitch.

Good luck!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without any more information, I'd pickup a set of 18" Sahara takeoffs. I especially like the Altitude Edition wheels painted black with the lip left polished --especially the first generation with the 5-spoke design. Good luck!
Thanks very much, Aldo. Yes, I should've provided more info. If I ever switched to 18s, I'd want one that can handle a 285x75. The OEM 7.5" wide rim may work, but I'd need a 1" spacer by my calculations. An 8" wide rim is the standard. Ideally, I'd like an 18x8.5 with about 5.25" backspace. I already have a 2.5" lift.

What's frustrating is that the manufacturers and vendors just offer the wheels and don't provide specs. Take Quadratrac for example. :rant:

·
Super Moderator
9,117 Posts
Ah, that makes it tricky. Yes, you will need spacers with 285 tires.

I was able to mount 285 Duratracs on my Sahara without spacers by going to AEV wheels with 5.2 back spacing.

Sorry, I can't think of any 18" wheels with the backspacing you need.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I really like the Fuel line of rims, was hard deciding on which 1 to get. Here are my 18x9 with 4.5 back spacing Fuel Octane rims with a 35" Nitto Trail Grappler.

I bought them from a forum sponsor here WheelHero :iamhappy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts