Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in swapping out my factory bumper for one that can accept a winch.

I know i can add a winch to the factory bumper, but I would rather have an aftermarket fully metal with no plastic.

I am only interested in bumpers that can accept factory fog lights. I'm also really looking for one that also has aux lighting mount points.

I have found LOD and Rampage. Are there any others i should consider?

I do not want the stinger look. I don't care if it's shorty, mid or full width.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also have the RR XHD and the fogs bolted right up. FYI, I had a guy back into me, very slow speed. He hit the left front D-ring shackle on me with the face of his bumper....He lost the fight. Put a very noticeable crease on his, not even a mark on my bumper.

I have the stubby, with the standard end caps and a light bar, with the XRC 8000 winch.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The rugged ridge looks great - a couple questions

Do you need to do anything other than bolt it on? Any suspension changes due to the weight?

Why no side bars?

·
First Jeep: M38A1
368 Posts
Warn and Shrockworks also use the stock fogs in their mid and full width offerings. I don't think any stubbies will use stock fogs unless they mount the winch high in front of your grille. The Shrockworks also has the aux light tabs, and I think the Warn also has them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Warn and Shrockworks also use the stock fogs in their mid and full width offerings. I don't think any stubbies will use stock fogs unless they mount the winch high in front of your grille. The Shrockworks also has the aux light tabs, and I think the Warn also has them.
Expedition One does have a stubby (DX model) that uses the factory fogs AND mounts the winch low. I think it is a pretty nice looking bumper and the fogs are on removable wings.

--Sean

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
A new, cheap option that just hit the market is the Rough Country hybrid stubby. You can now get it with fog light end caps that work with the factory units. I requested a price from the rep over at JK-F for the main bumper, d-rings, and fog light end caps. $311.49 shipped to my door! Haven't pulled the trigger, and probably won't until I get a winch, but definitely a great price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts