Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 winches. One is a milemarker 12,000 that came on my TJ. It looks pretty older- but seems to work fine. I also recently have a Smittybilt XRC 10 COMP (synthetic line ((which broke)) so I will need to either splice, replace or buy new line ($150)

My question is this: WHICH WINCH IS BETTER BETWEEN THESE 2?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I don't know the answer, but I do know I would sell them both and then buy a WARN. :thumb:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd keep the mile marker. If you do decide to sell them for something better, look at a Ramsey or superwinch. A buddy of mines fleet of tow trucks runs both brands and has never been had a problem.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Throw the milemaker on and use it for now while you save up and install a new synthetic line on the XRC 10, Then switch winches, clean, repaint and lube the milemaker. Then you have a perfect spare should something happen to the other. Or get a receiver winch plate and have the spare multi vehicle ready.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That seems like a good idea to keep the 2nd one as a spare or a 2nd for the rear.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I have 2 winches. One is a milemarker 12,000 that came on my TJ. It looks pretty older- but seems to work fine. I also recently have a Smittybilt XRC 10 COMP (synthetic line ((which broke)) so I will need to either splice, replace or buy new line ($150)

My question is this: WHICH WINCH IS BETTER BETWEEN THESE 2?
Where did you find replacement line? I was thinking about changing out my cable for synthetic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts