Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I own a 2010 JKU Sport with a manual transmission and have noticed a whirring sound when I accelerate. It's not loud and doesn't happen all the time but wondering what could be the cause of it. It sounds like it is coming from right behind the stereo and heater buttons.

The Jeep works like a top, no problems with shifting and the shifter is tight and does not pop out of gear. The oil was recently changed and I check the level frequently.

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Maritimer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you talking about the sound of water? I noticed that after I run the AC and take off down the street, it sounds like water is moving around behind the dash.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sound of water from the AC; I don't have one!:)

The sound comes when I give it gas. It's not overly loud and all the time but you can hear it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think I get that too_Only hear it when the music isn't on. Sounds like it's up high in the dash behind the radio. I notice it in the higher gears if I let off the gas and then step back on it. Mine isn't a disturbing "something is very wrong" type sound though so I haven't messed with getting a mech. to ride along with me. Maybe when I get bored one of these days

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you have an afremarket stereo installed you may be getting engine noise through the speakers.

(Bad ground)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It also happens when you have an iPod or other music device plugged in through aux input and charging via 12v plug- also a ground loop. Unplug charger, and all's good.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I hear the same thing. It gets annoying on the highway, but oh we'll.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This also happens alot if you are in AUX mode and have your 3.5mm jack plugged in with nothing plugged into the other end of the 3.5mm jack. (This creates a ground loop when you dont have anything plugged in because most of the time it will use the ground of the the source (ex. iphone) as the reference ground.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts