Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, quick question for you. I was driving on Fri with the top up, and heard whistling from the windshield. I usually have the radio up so I never hear it, but after that god damned Phillies game, I drove home in silence from the game. This morning, I took the top down since this weekend is nice, and I STILL hear it. It sounds like it is coming from the area above the windshield, but I can't make it stop. I mean, I can, I turn up the radio, but what is it and where is it coming from? There is a space somewhere on the window that's now annoying the crap out of me.

I did search but I found lots of Jimbox posts, since he puts WHISTLING in most of his posts. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men ??

--AX THE SHADOW--HE DO !

I know the cure for the hardtop, but not when a soft top is down, unless it's the top joint between the door and the windshield--

It's upper door hinge position--but I've never heard a complaint with the tops off !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I know, I did see some posts with the hard top, but this is driving me batty! Its definitely coming from the area around the mirror. I think!

·
Registered
552 Posts
There was a recent post where someone put some screen spline in the space (on the outside) between the front window and the window frame and seemed to work for him/her

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure that it's coming from where the windshield rubber molding hits the painted part. My 07 did the same thing. Cold weather makes it worse, because cold air is more dense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts