Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Wrangler unlimited sahara 4wd, whistling / squealing when accelerating at 2000 rpm. Will not do it any other time. Have replaced idler pulley, tensioner and pulley, serpentine belt, air raid cold air intake filter. Tightened throttle body spacer, checked and tightened hoses. ensured torque specs on tensioner and idler pulley. and still get a whistling noise from engine bay at 2000 rpms. all fluids topped off. No steering issues and alternator working properly. Any other ideas of where this whistling or squealing is coming from? Thanks in advance for all the help.

V/r

Iz

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I don't know about the whistling. Faulty power steering units have been known to squeal when other components have been ruled out, such as the drive belt which is usually the prime suspect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapped out power steering pump. Still continues to squeal at 2000 rpm with foot on accelerator while driving. alternator swap next.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Did you actually test the idler pulley / tensioner for proper operation?

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Alternator can whine as well but I'm not sure it would only do it at certain RPM's. If you have an engine stethoscope maybe you can pinpoint the noise with someone revving the RPM's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New tensioner and new idler pulley installed. Had to return first one from autozone due to tensioner sticking in down position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So as of now I have replaced with new, tensioner, idler pulley, power steering pump, alternator, water pump and belt. Thinking about going to napa for another tensioner as I'm starting to lose confidence in autozone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts