Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just unzipped my rollbar padding on my white 2012 JKU to find that the white paint on the rollbar ends about halfway up the bar. The part that is covered by the padding is unpainted silver, and it's not a hard line demarkation, it just fades from white into silver very haphazardly.

What's up with that? Is there NO reason to think that someone might want to remove the padding from the bar? I mean, I could understand if NONE of the rollbar matched the body color, but just PART of it, with no real start or finish point? That seems lame. They were painting tyhe thing anyway, why not finish the whole bar? Anyone else understand this, or did I get a 'special' one?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hmm that's funny just today I unzipped the roll bar padding in the back a few inches and noticed it was painted white. Then I thought to myself that it would Look bad ass with all the padding off. I'm curious if my bar is the same as yours being unpainted. Most likely it's a yes. The padding is there to help protect you from cracking your head on the bar. Who would take it off besides us? Haha:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it's really odd looking. And the biggest thing is WTF, why? They painted hald the bar and then it just tapers off. It's like painting your room around the furniture without moving it out first. "Oh we'll never move the bed, just paint around it!"

I mean - sure who would want to take the padding off other than the mod-crazy, disassemblers here. Then again - isn't that like the whole JEEP owners' club population? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts