Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dad's 76 CJ-5 came with white steel wheels back in the day and I kind of like the look.. do any of you have them on your TJ/LJ? I'd like to see pics.

·
Registered
568 Posts
My 73 had them also, man was a long time ago. sorry no pic's

·
Registered
171 Posts
There were pics over on the other site in the LJ pic thread of a few with white wagon wheels. IMHO they look fantastic. If I didn't like my moabs so much, I'd probably get me a set.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I always liked those, had them on my pick up truck many years ago. I think one brand name was Tacoma. Looks good on the Jeep above too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got some new (to me) tires that came on some beat cragar soft 8's. If it dries up sometime soon, I'm going to clean them up and paint them white. I shot them with some flat black to clear up some of the bigger issues for now.

I'll take pics.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are the bolt patterns the same for all year Jeeps? Ive ran across a few sets of white steel wheels from old Cj's and really like them.

My Lightning is white on white :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I had them a 2 Ford Trucks 1 set was "Jackman" Brand The centers were like 1/4" Thick & each spoke was welded to the rim Very Heavy Duty,I like the White Spokes Much more than the black wheels of today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There is a poster on here who lives in New Zealand. He has them on a green TJ and they look sweet. Unfortunately I can't remember his user name. I do seem to recall seeing pix of his Jeep on a thread about the Softopper, so if you search for softopper you should be able to find them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just grabbed a couple of photos from the web. Found a couple white ones, even found a black TJ with white wagon wheels. I really like the bright blue/tealish one.

Gotta post an image of a nice CJ to compare the look!

The TJ doesn't look near as classy as the CJ, but when done right, the white wagon wheels can look darn good.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Can't wait to get whites once i bump up to 33's. Been planning whole build insce away at school haha

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any photo shop people who might be able to photoshop a pic of that black LJ into a silver LJ...?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i tried google, i must not have the appropriate skill set... and that first one is just the stock alloys...

but thank you for the links.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts