Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any photos of an all white JK - meaning came from factory with fenders and top body color matched to white.

Then have changed the fenders to black so photo would be white jk with white top but with black fenders.

One other question - has anyone ever Rhino lined their white top black???

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
If you want to see how it looks....plasti-dip your fenders (being that you can peel it off).

Also...you can order a Moab with a painted top. Those come with black fenders. So eventually there will be some pics of such a combo floating around.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:popcorn:

ill be the the first one to say it...why bedline a ptm hard top?
A couple of reasons come to mind - To turn a white top black - I dont think a traditional black with clear coated paint would look right on a white jeep.
It would also be more resistant to the elements

Not sure what to do - just know i don't care for the PTM fenders and hardtop. When I purchased the JK it was a nightmare as you can see from posts this past summer (ended up driving 200 miles to get this Rubi). Didn't need/want leather, Nav or PTM fenders and top but if i wanted a JKUR 2012 in June of 2012 that was my only option at the time.

One of the local shops said they had a set of take off JK black fender flares left there by a customer I could have for cheap so I will try that to offset some of the white.

I bought the jeep and took the hardtop off the first week I had it and put the black soft top on and just switched them out for winter and didn't realize how much I prefer the contrast the black/white create with soft top installed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
my bad i didnt know you currently own a jk. i thought you planned on buying one then bedline the hardtop and doing something with the fenders.

best bet is to buy an OEM pair online or search craigs list or ebay.

bedliner/plastidip will be cheaper tho

A couple of reasons come to mind - To turn a white top black - I dont think a traditional black with clear coated paint would look right on a white jeep.
It would also be more resistant to the elements

Not sure what to do - just know i don't care for the PTM fenders and hardtop. When I purchased the JK it was a nightmare as you can see from posts this past summer (ended up driving 200 miles to get this Rubi). Didn't need/want leather, Nav or PTM fenders and top but if i wanted a JKUR 2012 in June of 2012 that was my only option at the time.

One of the local shops said they had a set of take off JK black fender flares left there by a customer I could have for cheap so I will try that to offset some of the white.

I bought the jeep and took the hardtop off the first week I had it and put the black soft top on and just switched them out for winter and didn't realize how much I prefer the contrast the black/white create with soft top installed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
FreezerJeep's :

1 - 7 of 7 Posts