Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a lot of trouble finding white wheels/rims for my JK sport. I really like the Montegi models, but they don't fit. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
17,013 Posts
IMO buy the wheels you like and paint them the color you like (if they don't come in your color).

Discount tire, Tire Rack, 4 Wheels Parts all have a ton of Jeep wheel selection.
Find a local powder coating company if they're not the color you want :thumb:

But I'm with you, the world does not need another Jeep with black wheels :D

Glad to have you here!
Welcome to Wrangler Forum :welcome: :wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
I like white wheels, especially on older Jeeps. I refinished a 91 YJ that was red and I put white moabs on it. I had to have them powder coated.

Powder coating is great and durable.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Would Plasti-dip work? I have heard folks use it on wheels, but I don't have first-hand knowledge. Guessing it might be a cool option if you ever want to change your mind (or color)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Plasti-dip will work. Many have done just that.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Plasti-dip will work. Many have done just that.
But it won't yield the same results as those awesome @Quadratec wheels.
...on my wishlist if you guys were wondering what to get me for Christmas...

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Plastidip will work, but it's not very durable.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Back in the 70's it was Jackman 8 spoke, welded all the way around the spoke on the wheel. With a chrome center cap and Armstrong tru-track tires. That was the bomb setup.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I second the plastidip. Easy, cheap, and reasonably durable. I'm 2.5 years on mine (black to aluminum) and have minimal wear or peel.

These photos from summer '19, 2 years wear.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Fuel has wheels of many colors. You can get wheels any color you want as long as you have plenty of "green".

·
Registered
153 Posts
You can also pick up a set of slightly scuffed wheels for relatively cheap on craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, and have them stripped and powdercoated your choice of color. I did that on my 18" Mercedes wheels, and only cost me about $400 for stripping to bare metal and powdercoating.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
100,716 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts