Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
2021 - 2034 of 2034 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is anyone using the MORryde tire carrier? How is it working out?

Igoo65
I do, it's good once you customize it a bit. You won't get any other rear carrier that keeps the tire as close to the tailgate - which may or may not matter to you. We chopped off the top of my carrier and welded it underneath and extended the lower to move the tire up 2" while keeping it as close as possible to the tailgate (the limiter being the swing arm). I would not use their bracket to move the carrier if you have a choice as it moves the tire both up and out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I do, it's good once you customize it a bit. You won't get any other rear carrier that keeps the tire as close to the tailgate - which may or may not matter to you. We chopped off the top of my carrier and welded it underneath and extended the lower to move the tire up 2" while keeping it as close as possible to the tailgate (the limiter being the swing arm). I would not use their bracket to move the carrier if you have a choice as it moves the tire both up and out.
Rasband, If you have some time, I would like to come up and see your mods. I'm in Colorado Springs. My cell is 719-641-9257.
Igoo65

·
Registered
437 Posts
Moved within town over Memorial weekend. Jeep had a spot in the garage at the old place. Had to get a shed built at the new place before I could get her parked inside. Got the shed built on Wednesday and planed on parking in the garage Saturday night. On Friday the wife and I came home from the grocery store. Unloaded and I made a mental note to go back out and lock it. I forgot.. Thieves took my sub, tire deflators, and owners manual. They cut the wires to the sub so if I replace it I have to pull the dash, head unit, trim, and wire loom down both sides. Sucks but thankfully my tool bags were still in the garage and they didn't damage anything. Most importantly my shift knob (the only non replaceable part of the Jeep) is still there. Nice neighborhood but these damn thieves travel! Friendly reminder to lock your doors. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Moved within town over Memorial weekend. Jeep had a spot in the garage at the old place. Had to get a shed built at the new place before I could get her parked inside. Got the shed built on Wednesday and planed on parking in the garage Saturday night. On Friday the wife and I came home from the grocery store. Unloaded and I made a mental note to go back out and lock it. I forgot.. Thieves took my sub, tire deflators, and owners manual. They cut the wires to the sub so if I replace it I have to pull the dash, head unit, trim, and wire loom down both sides. Sucks but thankfully my tool bags were still in the garage and they didn't damage anything. Most importantly my shift knob (the only non replaceable part of the Jeep) is still there. Nice neighborhood but these damn thieves travel! Friendly reminder to lock your doors. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.
That sucks! Glad the shift knob is still there though.

I've lost count how many times mine has been rummaged thru. I keep it locked in the garage nowadays.

Reactions: JHD1827

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wow, some people. I have no way to lock mine at all so it is a garage queen.

BTW I have a nice sub and an owners manual for sale. Lol.

Hopefully you can replace it with something even better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
My wife set up a weekend getaway for the two of us in August. We will be north of Ouray in Ridgeway. I haven't been able to hit any of these trails yet but a 1/2 day trip is an option I'm looking into. We will have limited time so I'm looking at 1 or 2 trails in under 6 hrs but I'm aware traffic and other issues could easily double any planed route. My options would be Friday afternoon or anytime Saturday. Any favorites or suggestions?

·
Registered
428 Posts
My wife set up a weekend getaway for the two of us in August. We will be north of Ouray in Ridgeway. I haven't been able to hit any of these trails yet but a 1/2 day trip is an option I'm looking into. We will have limited time so I'm looking at 1 or 2 trails in under 6 hrs but I'm aware traffic and other issues could easily double any planed route. My options would be Friday afternoon or anytime Saturday. Any favorites or suggestions?
Last Dollar trail just west of Ridgeway is an easy scenic drive into Telluride.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Another easy but beautiful trail is Yankee Boy Basin. Easy in easy out.

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
263 Posts
You are correct, and that would make a fun little loop.

Very near the western end of Ophir is a little spur up to Alta Lakes. I haven't been there yet (supposed to be beautiful) but have included it on my upcoming trip to the area.

And then, you could always throw in Black Bear on your way back!! ;)

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Ophir is a fun trail. Not difficult and two-way like you mentioned.
You could take it from the east (which I believe is the preferred way) to west, then take Imogene from Telluride back into Ouray.

Reactions: JHD1827
2021 - 2034 of 2034 Posts