Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you like trail doors compared to no doors? I'm thinking about buying some ( mainly I'm a little paranoid for running no doors and then going in some place to shop or something for a while )
Are they worth it? Or just run with out doors... The ones I'm looking at getting

image-2287217512.jpg

They look the best IMO if someone's running them, how do you like then!

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
249 Posts
as long as you dont mind the mud, dust, dirt, etc getting inside theyre great. you can make your own pretty easily if your handy with a welder. i made my own on the last dodge i owned pictured here

i made them mostly to combat the poor visibility of wheeling a fullsize. with the JK i doubt ill put any kind of trial door on it as visibility is already great. trail doors are really nice though to have a place to rest your arm vs wheeling with no doors

·
Registered
807 Posts
How do you like trail doors compared to no doors? I'm thinking about buying some ( mainly I'm a little paranoid for running no doors and then going in some place to shop or something for a while )
Are they worth it? Or just run with out doors... The ones I'm looking at getting

View attachment 1108650

They look the best IMO if someone's running them, how do you like then!

Thanks for the help guys!
If your main concern is going somewhere to shop and someone accessing your jeep, it doesn't really matter if you have no doors or trail doors.
I do have those Body Armor doors but not yet installed.

☞ Sent from here ☜

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run them and actually enjoy them. I prefer having no doors, but having these gives anyone I'm driving with peace of mind that they won't fall out.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have factory half doors and I prefer to wheel without them, weather permitting. It's easier to look behind the vehicle when you're waiting for the rear driver side tire to drop and also check your line in front of you.

Anyways, if I was in the market for trail doors than I would get what you posted. My only concern would be the flapping of the straps that are used on the door. My passenger seat belt annoys me enough, I couldn't imagine 2-4 doors flapping.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have them and I love them. Honestly my issue is that people in the back seat don't like wearing seatbelts. I make sure they put them on but these doors at least help keep everyone inside. I also have my dog in the car and can't have her in there with no doors. Besides, it looks awesome with them!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
this is my issue with trail or half doors, i love the look but why get them when you can just run doors off? if you are going to want/need half doors or trail doors, just put your normal doors on. if you want the freedom/flying on a carpet ride feel no doors is the way to go.

trail doors are not going to help on the trail, deter someone from stealing something, or add any kind of real protection. so no doors it is. don't get me wrong, i think they look great and that would be the only reason i would get some. for me, right now, there are a ton more functional mods i need to do for the money.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Those are the trail doors I am looking for $550 is a good deal I would offer $500 and if you did not buy them I would! My wife says she won't get in the JK with out some kind of doors on and I like the look.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I've been running these doors for about a good month and love them. The only gripe I have about them is the engineering could be better. They don't line up very well to the door latch and require some finesse to open & close them.
It does provide a mean aesthetic look and compliments everything I've done to it. Oh, and I paid less than $500 from Amazon!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Those are the trail doors I am looking for $550 is a good deal I would offer $500 and if you did not buy them I would! My wife says she won't get in the JK with out some kind of doors on and I like the look.
+1. This is the same reason I run trail doors. I love my trail doors, and they provide an elbow rest too!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Having the trail doors gives you something to lean on when you need to hang out and look at your lines while crawling thru rocks, an arm rest when your driving, and it makes the passengers feel more secure doing more extreme trails.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts