Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all the threads (being retired HAS its benifits :D ) here yet I feel left out.....well sort of. I bought my JK because it provided me with the combinnation of a great all around vehicle. All the talk about the exotic mods sort of leaves me wayyyyy behind.

I have really no intention of ever going further off the road than driving on dirt roads and unimproved forest Fire Lanes (deer hunting) some farm fields (again hunting) putting in my fishing skiff on unimproved beach ramps as well as improved ones, and for its ability to get thru any form of weather Mother Nature can dish out here on the Southcoast of MA.

So, how many others here don't ever really plan to use ALL the ability that is packed into their JK?

I have to admit I bought this for several reason none of which involve crawling over rocks :rofl:, I love my gas milage, I love the look of my vehicle, I love the comfort, and I love tooling about with my tee-tops off, I love that I can fit all my toys in and toss the dog in the back and get gone.......:dance::dance::dance:

I guess, I'm interested in how many others just sort of love their JK as a HEAVY DUTY Daily Driver:thumb:?

·
Registered
369 Posts
It's perfectly suited to where I live. We get snow, lots of rutted rural backroads and farms, and its a convertible that seats four.

Lots of trails are accessible in all kinds of weather and that's why i bought the jk, to be a true all-round swiss army knife.

For my personal needs i wouldnt want to modify it to the extreme of a true crawler... ...but I'd love a crawler and some rocks to attack.

To me, range is an essential part of the go anywhere thrill, and I am loathe to modify the wheels just for appearance sake and lose range.

I think, in the long term, I'll pick up a TJ or early JK to make a designated off_road toy, but not this one... at least for a while,

Note: practical all-rounder does not equal mall crawler posemobile.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm gonna take mine offroad every so often, but mostly not. And certainly no rock-crawling. Of course, it rains like a bitch here, so it could be very useful for flooding or just nasty rainstorms. Or hurricanes.

I love the damn thing though. And holy shit do girls love it too.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
My "plan" is to make it a DD....and any mods would be more for comfort than crawling. Honestly, I think there are plenty of people who have purchased them as DD's...but I don't think those people post in this forum.

80% of Wrangler owners don't tackle anything more than basically fire roads.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Mine is my daily driver.

I still plan on doing a few more mods and getting further off road in the future.

When I had my YJ (also a DD), I never did really go off road with it.
I promised myself with the JK, I would at least do a few Jeep Jamborees with the kids.:thumb:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Daily driver for me. I had never driven offroad prior to owning this Wrangler. Now I've done it a handful of times and I love it!

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
...I'm interested in how many others just sort of love their JK as a HEAVY DUTY Daily Driver:thumb:?
It's perfectly suited to where I live. We get snow, lots of rutted rural backroads and farms, ...
^^^ There ya' go! The perfect utilitarian vehicle since 1941! :thumb:

·
Because I Can
362 Posts
DD here also. Not too much off-roading but knowing my jeep I won't hesitate when I have the chance! We get a lot of snow here so the four wheel drive is a necessaty for me, work till midnight and most roads are not plowed when I get off. Planning a few mods but nothing radical.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not a daily driver, but I agree on the light off roading, nothing that breaks stuff. It is a great all around vehicle with the 4 doors, it is the ultimate wrangler, they really cant do much else to improve on it in my opinnion, I hope the body style stay around for a while.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my JK cuz I missed my CJ and fell in love with four doors. I drive it like a JEEP, take it anywhere, add mods to make it my own. Gets me to work everyday, hits the trails on weekends, and stays dirty. It's a JEEP!

·
Registered
581 Posts
DD starting on Monday....just picked her up today....about 30 miles a day here. I do plan on taking her to the White and Green Mountains for a little dirt road workout, out west to Colorado backroads. However, I don't see myself doing too much rock crawling in it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Heck if I could afford it as a toy that would be great! I think most people (even the majority of ones that post here) only own one vehicle too.... personally I have zero desire to crawl over rocks.... does that mean I'm not entitled to own a Jeep? I want to be able to go on occasional expeditions, camping and remote scuba sites.....and it's great to take the top off! I don't need/want a snorkel or a 5ft stinger with 75 lights.....I question how many winches ever actually get used....I really don't want my rig to look like a monster truck or equip it to invade Afghanistan.....if other people feel the need to do that ....well....good for them.....sometimes it looks pretty cool! At the end of the day I have shit to do with my truck, and yes, that does include some farm work but I also need to go to the store to get food and the mall to get clothes and consumer goods....yup....I have to drive it to work so that I can earn the cash to pay for it......but I love my Jeep.... I wave at every other Jeep because it's darn nice to be part of a community....if I see a Jeep by the side of the road I will stop and ask if they need assistance without even thinking about it.... my Jeep is a vehicle that I purchased because it is not only cool to look at but it is also fit for purpose....

1 - 20 of 308 Posts