Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
If its a brand new JK then I guess that's ok. If its at all used then we test drive it. I did forget to put my 06 LJ Rubi in four wheel drive when I test drove it. Not too smart. Luckily everything works.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did the same thing. Looked at my tj 1998 in 2003. It had 75,000 miles on it. The preppy dude had a log of every tank of gas to every oil change to any other work done. Jeep was absolutely super nice and clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
Mine was bone stock with 95k miles (not bad for 12 yrs old) I had driven other jeeps and kinda just forgot to drive the one I actually bought. Although I did have an ASE master tech do a multi point inspection. He even pointed out stains in my back seat.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
The guy who just bought my '93 YJ....pulled up, looked at it, I showed him around then said "I'll take it". He didn't even try to talk me down in price. The clutch was going out but that didn't seem to bother him. It had 180k on it. I bought it 18 months ago for $2300 and he bought it for $4700. :dance:

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
hosejockey61 said:
The guy who just bought my '93 YJ....pulled up, looked at it, I showed him around then said "I'll take it". He didn't even try to talk me down in price. The clutch was going out but that didn't seem to bother him. It had 180k on it. I bought it 18 months ago for $2300 and he bought it for $4700. :dance:
Wow nice flip, if your honest about stuff like the clutch then your not going to withhold other stuff, that's one of the most annoying things ever. Do you have another jeep though?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I bought my new jk without test driving it. Although I always drove my sisters 2004 jeep wrangler and loved the way it handled. Buying used would be a different story tho

·
Registered
923 Posts
haha! I thought I was the only one!

Got my 05 Jeep in July with 57K on the odo/ 1 owner clean car fax/ it was love at first site!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The first time I drove my 2012, or any Jeep for that matter, was when I drove it on the trailer to bring it home.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Wow nice flip, if your honest about stuff like the clutch then your not going to withhold other stuff, that's one of the most annoying things ever. Do you have another jeep though?
Actually it wasn't intended to ever be a flip. It was actually my son's Jeep but he went off to college and his broke a$$ couldn't afford gas or the neverending maintenance that goes along with a Jeep.

I kind of talked him into buying a Jeep when he was planning his first "car". I was trying to go back in time like Uncle Rico and live my Jeep fun days...it was enough that I decided I couldn't take it anymore and got myself a TJ. Everyday seems like Christmas now lol. The best part is, is that it isn't my DD so I don't have to "survive" the horrible winters with a crappy heater like my old CJ had.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I ordered my Jeep without test driving one. I even ordered Gecko sight unseen, just the picture in the brochure. Couldnt be happier. I had owned a 1999 Grand Cherokee in the past however so had some idea what a solid axle 4wd drove like and had realistic expectations. The color was even brighter I imagined. It was worth the 10 week wait!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased my "Wrangler Unlimited" brand new and had never driven a Jeep before. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. I did do a little research to get some input on what others were saying. Plus I purchased the four door model for the longer wheel base to smooth out the ride. Tell u what, I couldn't be happier. Love my JEEP and wouldn't be afraid to take it off road in the mud or snow. Just mounted a new WARN winch the other day. Picked up the M8000 and it's awesome. Just might pay for itself someday. Happy camper!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought my YJ last year nowing she wasn't going to be perfect. The guy I bought it from let me pay 2/3 of the total price down and the balance a month later when he got back from Afghanistan. We negotiated this by way of email and phone. He laid out all of her quirks ahead of time and was honest about all. So I started her up and drove her home. That was my "test drive".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ordered my Jeep without test driving one. I even ordered Gecko sight unseen, just the picture in the brochure. Couldnt be happier. I had owned a 1999 Grand Cherokee in the past however so had some idea what a solid axle 4wd drove like and had realistic expectations. The color was even brighter I imagined. It was worth the 10 week wait!
Hah I did that with the Sahara tan too never saw it in person, but loved it when it arrived..
I bought my YJ last year nowing she wasn't going to be perfect. The guy I bought it from let me pay 2/3 of the total price down and the balance a month later when he got back from Afghanistan. We negotiated this by way of email and phone. He laid out all of her quirks ahead of time and was honest about all. So I started her up and drove her home. That was my "test drive".

That's a mighty good lookin yj you have there :)

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
deepair3 said:
What's the lift and tires on that? It looks huge

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The test drive for my YJ, which I've had for 10 years this year, was winching it up on a trailer from a salvage yard...it had no front axle, hood,or passenger side fender...got it home and rebuilt it. R-titled and runs like a top. Looked for 3 years for the cleanest YJ I could find and it paid off. 0 rust in 10 years.

All the others I have, I have test driven, but not this one.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts