Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Axes and Guns, If it was a drink it would taste good.

For the "Kimber of Axes" it's the Gransfors-Bruks.
You just made my Small Forest Axe cry.

I have had 3 Kimbers (still have 2) and have had problems with all 3 of them. Love how Kimbers look, but would never trust my life to them.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
Axes and Guns, If it was a drink it would taste good.

For the "Kimber of Axes" it's the Gransfors-Bruks.

"Glock of Axes" I'd go to Tractor Supply. SameO SameO - If it gets stolen your pissed but not heart broken.
so would the glock of Axes be made of plastic or just a plastic handle? hmmm

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
You just made my Small Forest Axe cry.

I have had 3 Kimbers (still have 2) and have had problems with all 3 of them. Love how Kimbers look, but would never trust my life to them.
That is unfortunate. Own many Kimbers and can't say I have ever had a problem with one of them BUT I don't put anywhere near the number of rounds through them as I do my Glocks, Springfields, Rugers, or the many other makes I own.
At the price of Kimbers I'm not carrying them either.

My CC is a Featherweight S&W .38+P w/hydroshocks.

BTW- Ordered (another) small forest axe yesterday :)

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
so would the glock of Axes be made of plastic or just a plastic handle? hmmm
Good question..... When it comes to a Full Size Axe, I will say I like a fiberglass handle but own several traditional wood handle axes.

Something about an axe. Muhammad Ali was a firm believer that swinging an axe was one of the Best parts of His fight prep.
I taught All three(3) of my Sons how to properly use, sharpen, maintain an axe.
Great tool. Edge weapons - oldest deadly weapon. Still one of the best.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
That is unfortunate. Own many Kimbers and can't say I have ever had a problem with one of them BUT I don't put anywhere near the number of rounds through them as I do my Glocks, Springfields, Rugers, or the many other makes I own.
At the price of Kimbers I'm not carrying them either.

My CC is a Featherweight S&W .38+P w/hydroshocks.

BTW- Ordered (another) small forest axe yesterday :)
The 2 Kimbers I kept (both 1911s) have both been back to the factory for "repairs" for feeding issues. They are better, but still not perfect. The 3rd one was a Solo and was a total mess. Didn't feel like dealing with it.

Congrats on the Small Forest Axe. They are magnificent.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Starting to think we got too many wranglers on the road.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
Good question..... When it comes to a Full Size Axe, I will say I like a fiberglass handle but own several traditional wood handle axes.

Something about an axe. Muhammad Ali was a firm believer that swinging an axe was one of the Best parts of His fight prep.
I taught All three(3) of my Sons how to properly use, sharpen, maintain an axe.
Great tool. Edge weapons - oldest deadly weapon. Still one of the best.
I would say a rock came first. rock paper scissors. lol.

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
The 2 Kimbers I kept (both 1911s) have both been back to the factory for "repairs" for feeding issues. They are better, but still not perfect. The 3rd one was a Solo and was a total mess. Didn't feel like dealing with it.

Congrats on the Small Forest Axe. They are magnificent.
Indeed. For those reading this thread and are on the fence about possibly spending that kind of coin on an axe. It is well worth owning at least one Gransfors-Bruks Tool - for anyone that appreciates a very fine hand-made piece of functional art.

https://www.gransforsbruk.com/en/products/

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
I would say a rock came first. rock paper scissors. lol.
Ha! Yes rocks, clubs, etc BUT when it came to hunting and War - spears, knives, axes.... - edge weapons.

For me, maybe others - there is a very primal attraction to edge weapons.

My Guns & Knives collection eclipse my entire Jeep in amount of $$ invested (incl the Jeep).

As the old saying goes, "IF my Wife sells my collection for what I told her it's worth ...... OMG!"

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ha! Yes rocks, clubs, etc BUT when it came to hunting and War - spears, knives, axes.... - edge weapons. For me, maybe others - there is a very primal attraction to edge weapons. My Guns & Knives collection eclipse my entire Jeep in amount of $$ invested (incl the Jeep). As the old saying goes, "IF my Wife sells my collection for what I told her it's worth ...... OMG!"
best quote ever, same thing I have. Not to mention ammo. Ha!

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Ha! Yes rocks, clubs, etc BUT when it came to hunting and War - spears, knives, axes.... - edge weapons.

For me, maybe others - there is a very primal attraction to edge weapons.

My Guns & Knives collection eclipse my entire Jeep in amount of $$ invested (incl the Jeep).

As the old saying goes, "IF my Wife sells my collection for what I told her it's worth ...... OMG!"
Seems like we have a bit in common. I like to "practice" bushcraft a bit. I am certainly no expert, but I enjoy it. Mainly "backyard bushcraft", LOL, but I sure do have an affinity for finely crafted edged tools. Have 15+ custom made Adventure Sworn knives. You should check them out if you aren't familiar. Works of art as well.

I also have a love for fine shotguns. Not sure if you are into them or not.

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
best quote ever, same thing I have. Not to mention ammo. Ha!
Have three(3) safes each weighing in excess of 1500 lbs (empty)
Safe #1- Guns
Safe #2- Knives, Flashlights and Misc (watches, pens, etc)
Safe #3- Ammo (Mags, scopes, batteries,etc.)

Address - Ha! (Three Dogs smallest is a Rhodesian Ridgeback) and a Highly trained, well armed, Motivated - Owner :)

Oh! and I like Axes!

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
Seems like we have a bit in common. I like to "practice" bushcraft a bit. I am certainly no expert, but I enjoy it. Mainly "backyard bushcraft", LOL, but I sure do have an affinity for finely crafted edged tools. Have 15+ custom made Adventure Sworn knives. You should check them out if you aren't familiar. Works of art as well.
I will. So many Knives, so little time :) I have many more folders than I do fixed and I enjoy rotating EDC's (Hinderer, Chris Reeve, Horton, Randolph,etc.)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have three(3) safes each weighing in excess of 1500 lbs (empty) Safe #1- Guns Safe #2- Knives, Flashlights and Misc (watches, pens, etc) Safe #3- Ammo (Mags, scopes, batteries,etc.) Address - Ha! (Three Dogs smallest is a Rhodesian Ridgeback) and a Highly trained, well armed, Motivated - Owner :) Oh! and I like Axes!
ha, my boys below.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 104 Posts