Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
... these were the first rounds out the barrel. The noise bothered my hang over so I stopped.

I can see the powder marks on the target. How close were you, 8-12 inches?

·
Premium Member
5,677 Posts
Going to pick up the new H&K Vp9 in FDE. Nice piece.

VP9 - Heckler & Koch
I switched from H&K (for primary carry) back to SIG a year ago. I like .357SIG, and when I finally decided to go striker, HK didn't make a .357. Tried the P320, loved it, now have one in 9 and one in 357.

Of course, I kept all the hammer-fired guns -- you can't sell something like a P30 or 2000SK! That would be disloyal to them. :) But they never come out to play now. Saving for the apocalypse. :)

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
I switched from H&K (for primary carry) back to SIG a year ago. I like .357SIG, and when I finally decided to go striker, HK didn't make a .357. Tried the P320, loved it, now have one in 9 and one in 357.

Of course, I kept all the hammer-fired guns -- you can't sell something like a P30 or 2000SK! That would be disloyal to them. :) But they never come out to play now. Saving for the apocalypse. :)
True that. Just picked up a Mark 23 - I would highly recommend. It is truly unique.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Can't go wrong with Sig.

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I'm really diggin' the 24" Council Tool Pack Axe. Is Santa listening?

Then again, I hear that Old Spice is better than Axe anyway. If you use it (they say), all you need to do is look at a tree funny and it will drop, section, split, and stack itself neatly.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Here is my set up...fiskars x15 on the back of my tailgate. Fits just right, doesn’t rattle, and doesn’t take up too much space when the tailgate is closed

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I have a Nupla Pulaski axe. Use it all the time for camping especially for clearing out tall grass and brush so I can make a safe area around the fire pit. I also carry a Husqvarna 543xp for the obvious reasons.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the Hult's Bruk Almike hatchet and Akka forestry axes in mine.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I carry one of these Corona folding saws. I have cut through 6" diameter trees very quickly with this thing. A couple of years ago, I was on vacation in a cabin in Gatlinburg TN and a storm came through one night. It was a very heavily wooded area and and in the morning I found several trees about 5" to 6" diameter had fallen over across the road. I pulled the trees over enough to get through. I bought the Corona folding saw the next week when I got home. I also carry a Camillus Carnivore machete.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a bunch of axes, most of them vintage. The one most likely to be in the back of the Jeep is an old Keen Kutter hand axe (hatchet) Because it fits in my gear box but I have a 3.5# plumb on a compact 28” handle that is also very handy.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts