Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shop at work is halfway through my 3" Zone lift install. Picking it up Monday night. With the supplied kit TC drop, should I be good regarding vibes? I saw a thread on JF that was about 50/50 on vibes/no vibes with a 3" lift. What the thread didn't talk about was how many people did or did not use a TC drop.

I am fine with a TC drop, as I will not do any heavy off-roading. This will primarily be a DD, with some weekend excursions on lighter trails. Any advice/opinions/tips are appreciated.

I tend to have bad luck with vibes...my old 99 had vibes with just a 2" BB..

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Mine did have driveline vibrations with a 3.5" and no tc drop. I went with the sye and no longer run a tc drop.

I personally would just run the TC drop whether you have driveline vibrations or not if its a daily driver. Less stress on the ujoints.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If you do have vibes, you could probably eliminate them with a 1" motormount lift. Zone uses it on their combo lifts that includes a 3" suspension lift successfully without a tc drop.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine did have driveline vibrations with a 3.5" and no tc drop. I went with the sye and no longer run a tc drop.

I personally would just run the TC drop whether you have driveline vibrations or not if its a daily driver. Less stress on the ujoints.
To clarify, I do plan to run the TC drop no matter what. What I am now wondering is, is it typically enough drop to stop vibes? I was searching on here for awhile last night, and found a few people with this kit that did the TC drop and still had vibes.

Kinda one of those things where if people have an issue, they post about it...but if no issue, no one posts! Just trying to see if I need to go get some washers tomorrow...hoping not. Going to drive it first anyway...knowing every Wrangler can be different, I am hoping the kit will set me up right. The completeness of the kit was why I bought it in the first place...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts