Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the posi lok in there Yj. I've been reading the cable freezes up. I'm running 4in RC lift with boomerang shackles, what kit do I get? If you have this set up let me know how you like it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
I have one and the installation was easy about an hour simple tools. The hardest part was drilling a hole in the firewall to I think 5/8" my biggest bit is 1/2". The adjustment took a few minutes and the you wire up the light. There many websites with posi-locks for salle so check your Jeep favorites they are allbout the same price. But there are alternatives to the posi-lock

You can lock it in place all the time with some soimple hardware spring or washers stacked up. Or you can get a passenger side TJ axle mod. Both threads should be in the stickies.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you get me pics of the set up?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have one as well and it's been on the Jeep since April or May and I have never had it freeze but then again there ain't much in the way of water crossings in the desert!
I have gone thru a lot of creek crossings this summer in the mountains without any issues so I can find water to go thru. BTW it's now about 20-25 degrees in the morning.

When I got it I got the lifted version as I knew I was going to lift my Jeep which I did a week ago. I have not had any troulbles with the system at all, it always works.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want the psl920, right?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Are you doing the posi just to eliminate the vacuum actuator?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Are you doing the posi just to eliminate the vacuum actuator?
if this is the case why not do this to it?
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/vacuum-shift-motor-inexpensive-fix-w-pics-127405.html
Free and easy. i have been running my jeep for almost 10,000 miles this way with no problems. way better than dropping money on something. also was the easiest fix i have had to do on my jeep. actually had to do it to a friends rig while stuck on the Moab Rim trail because his vacuum diaphragm was full of water.

If im way off here let me know.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You dont get any vibrations or a drop in mpgs?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Most don't lose more than 1 mpg as they have reported. As far as vibrations from the front axle you can ahve it balanced for <$100 most get it for 75. So all in all a good way to keep locked.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Biggest drill bit I had was 1/2" so I just made it work. The rubber grommet in the kit will take care of the excess when done.

I have never ordered from him but he is a forum vendor so has to be good or be gone.

If you have a few days PM Joe at Quadratec here on the site he is good for free shipping or check and see what is happening on ebay lots of free shipping there.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh alright Im not sure how ordering from another person will go since a family member is buying it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just called into Quadratech and told them I was a member of the forum and got free shipping on a new windshield frame and a few other odds and ends..... $30 bucks stayed in my pocket that way!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts