Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

41 - 60 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
thanks, big. i didn't want to get half a job done and have to sit and wait for parts. mike

419 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I recently put a new Smittybilt RRC bumper on the RENEGADE, as all you other owners know, some fender trimming was necessary.
some before and after pics are in order :wavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I recently put a new Smittybilt RRC bumper on the RENEGADE, as all you other owners know, some fender trimming was necessary.
some before and after pics are in order :wavey:
It looks good! I went back and forth between the SRC and the XRC. I ended up going with the XRC because it had the winch plate built in and Summit Racing was offering a deal where you got a SRC Classic rear bumper for FREE...yes free when you purchased the XRC front bumper. They also had the best price. Got both bumpers with shipping for $364.40. :punk:

Smittybilt 76801 - Smittybilt XRC Bumpers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Their link doesn't show a photo of it but it is the same as the 76800 for the TJ. Mounting brackets are slightly different between the YJ and the TJ.

Just got the KC lights on.

Here's my "Before" pic when I went to pick up the Jeep.
(Yes those "LOUD and TOPLESS" letters were removed ASAP) :eek:

And my latest "After" picture.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My '93 Renegade

Also you can't see it in this picture but the passenger side front fender is damaged. I would like to replace it so if anyone has an extra one that they wouldn't mind parting with, let me know.

Attachments

419 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
My '93 Renegade

Also you can't see it in this picture but the passenger side front fender is damaged. I would like to replace it so if anyone has an extra one that they wouldn't mind parting with, let me know.
My passenger side fender also got damaged... You can hardly see it if you didn't look for it, but it's cracked on the side from the wheel well all the way to the fog lights. I guess the PO fixed it by riveting a small piece of metal to the underside of the fender... pics of the damage?? Maybe we can help come up with a clever fix!

419 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It looks good! I went back and forth between the SRC and the XRC. I ended up going with the XRC because it had the winch plate built in and Summit Racing was offering a deal where you got a SRC Classic rear bumper for FREE...yes free when you purchased the XRC front bumper. They also had the best price. Got both bumpers with shipping for $364.40. :punk:

Smittybilt 76801 - Smittybilt XRC Bumpers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Their link doesn't show a photo of it but it is the same as the 76800 for the TJ. Mounting brackets are slightly different between the YJ and the TJ.

Just got the KC lights on.

Here's my "Before" pic when I went to pick up the Jeep.
(Yes those "LOUD and TOPLESS" letters were removed ASAP) :eek:

And my latest "After" picture.
I like that bumper a lot! But, with the RRC I was able to keep that special diamond plate rock guard to protect my shackles and stuff, and I like that guard A LOT! it definitely has saved me from some repairs before! And I'm still not sure what I'm gunna do in the back for a bumper... I kinda like the Renegade bumper cause it has those steps on the side and makes it easier for me to load my kayak and things onto the top... not sure, but I am VERY low on funds so it's gunna have to wait a while whatever it is... :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Check out my intro thread here:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f12/new-yj-owner-in-illinois-60286.html

There is a picture of the damage there. Mine is a little more than just a crack, there is about 8" to 10" of fiberglass that has broken off. The good thing is that I still have the most of the piece that came off. I'll try to get better pictures of the damage and the piece when I get home later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Blue '94 Renegade

I noticed that no one has posted a pic of a blue one yet, here's mine.
IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg I noticed that no one has posted a pic of a blue one yet, here's mine.

·
Registered
450 Posts
They remind me of the chubby chick no one wants to admit liking.. but she puts out.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
No No No... We're few in numbers...I think it's more like the "HOT CHEERLEADER" that puts out and we enjoy showing her off! :punk:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Blue and Gold were add to the While/Black/Red in 1993.
actually all renegades started production in '91 (except blue and bronze), blue was introduced in '92 and bronze in '93. I have not to this day seen a bronze (or gold depends on who you ask) one in person. And to answer an earlier question no it is all original paint.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have collected data from over 200 owners of Renegades, and not found a '92 painted blue yet. That's not to say it didn't happen. All the data I have shows blue and bronze were available starting in '93.

I did not state when production started; yes it was 1991, I know as I am an original owner and bought mine in September of 1990 when they first came out.

I have seen bronze colored Renegades in person; they are real. It was tempting to trade my white one in '93 for a bronze, but the "family cage" roll bar still looks funny to me and would not have allowed me to keep my fastback top.

·
Registered
450 Posts
hey me and my dad just bought a 91 renegade and im wondering would you have to get a lift to put 33s on it???
Yes Sir! Congrads on the purchase by the way. That's what I have. You could probably fit 31s but not 33s without lifting it. I went with a Race Car Dynamics 4" lift.

RCD Suspension Jeep Lift Kits & Suspension - Quadratec

I also installed 5/8" greasable shackles and a dropped pitman to get the steering geometry back to where it should be. It's a great lift for the money!

If you use the stock wheels you really can't go wider than 10.5". Even with the 10.5" width, which I have, you'll have to adjust your steering stops to prevent the tires from rubbing on the springs. To go 12.5" wide buy new rims and make sure they have 3.5" - 4" of backspacing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
WOW it really looks to be in nice shape!

2" won't be enough to clear 33s. You'd end up having to do a 1" body lift and 5/8" shackles and still have to install a dropped pitman. I wouldn't worry about the steering stuff. I'd install the 4" lift. It's very straight forward. I'm very happy with mine. :dance:

41 - 60 of 199 Posts