Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has a Dirtworx rear bumper and tire carrier combo. How long have you had it? How has it held up? Any rattling at all? how did you paint it? Would you buy it again? Thanks for your time

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have the dirtworx bumper/tire carrier on my rig. No rattles or complaints whatsoever after at least five years. Would definitely buy again. I plan to also purchase the rack that attaches to the tire carrier.

Painted using a rattle can. Easy to touch up the trail damage.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
I havent seen a bad review yet on the dirtworx bumpers. Hope to have one myself soon.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,420 Posts
Primer it with Rustoleum self-etching primer first then a coat or two of Rustoleum satin black. Apply additional coats per the timing on the label or the paint will craze/wrinkle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Have had mine a couple months now. So far so good, no rattle at all and the bolt holes were spot on. Used the self etching primer that Jerry recommended went with a flat black came out great.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
I have dad the rear bumper/carrier for a couple years and its held up great.I primered,painted & Monstalined it and it still looks great. No noises but I do have to get ahold of Him to see what I need to do to maybe shim the carrier so it sits a tad higher.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I run the DW bumper and carrier. Easy install with no drilling on my rig and no squeaks after a year and a half. Primed and painted with hammetone finish. I do wish the shackle mounts were thicker, but yeah, i'd buy again.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
I emailed Robert last night about my carrier sagging a little and he is sending me some shims no charge.Great cust service

1 - 18 of 18 Posts