Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought these, but reAd reviews saying that the door don't sill properly and water gets inside when driving throughout mud or water. Anyone have any comments on this.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
I just bought these, but reAd reviews saying that the door don't sill properly and water gets inside when driving throughout mud or water. Anyone have any comments on this.
have em... haven't driven through high water but swampy trail and heavy rain no issues....

-bob :wavey:

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I have them and have no issues. I honestly don't see how there could possible be an issue with them in any way, shape, or form.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've never had any problem with them. Been in some deep water and lots of rain. Think they are fine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great to hear. I was a little worried to install them after the reviews that the door won't shut tight with them. But your post helped me decide to put them on tomorrow thanks.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
My only concern would be the adhesive sticking in the cold weather. Check the instructions to see if there is a recommende temperature.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
My only concern would be the adhesive sticking in the cold weather. Check the instructions to see if there is a recommende temperature.
Good point, if there isn't and it's cold I'd suggest doing the install in a garage or with a heat gun. Just quickly warm the surface of the jeep... Don't bake it, just warm it up...

-bob :wavey:

·
Registered
936 Posts
You don't have a JK yet, I thought you ordered it.
I had an 07 for two years. I put em on new. And.....I just received my sills for the new one....today. Expecting the wheel locks any day now. My new wheels (Sahara machined) are here, and the shop has ordered the Michelin LTXs for me. The dealer has finalized the purchase of my OEM wheels and tires ($1K) and has ordered the TPMS for me to use in the new wheels. Now if the damn order will just go through!:rolleyes:

I WISH I had not gotten rid of my 07 Unlimited, but I love my Honda Element too. I know....it's not the same kind of vehicle...but for the type of driving we do, it works too. Love em both.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put the black door sill guards on my 07 within the week of getting it. I turned it in when the lease was up and they were still stuck on good and tight. They use a 3m double sided tape which is the same the automakers use to for body side moldings. Just be sure you have them where you want them because theres no moving them once you stick them down. ;)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Honda Element? :eek:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Honda Element? :eek:
LOL
I went to the Honda dealership twice. The first time, to buy an Accord EX. Ended up with an Element. The salesperson and my wife talked me into just driving one. I loved it. Bought it. That was an 05 EX AWD.

Then....in 08, we went looking at a Honda CRV. Ended up with an 08 EX AWD Galaxy Gray. I love the Elements....so easy and smoothe to drive. But we love the Wranglers too.

So.....We're gonna end up with the Element and the white Sahara forever. Got my Rubitrux for now.....one day that will go, but I love it for now.

There's a white Sahara on eBay now....in Nebraska. Exactly what i've go ordered. EXACTLY. Show it to my wife.....she doesn't know that I've ordered one. :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have them on my 2-door with no issues. I drive to and from work everyday passing semi's and they like to cover the side of my Jeep with dirty road water. I see large brown spots near the sill but not past it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the black ones on my 2007 Sahara--no problem with water getting in, but I live in Phoenix, AZ.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I installed them on my 2007 Wrangler when it was new and traded it in with them still attached. Never had a leak/seal issue. I ordered a set for my 2011 and installed them three days after I got the new Jeep. I expect them to be on there without issue for the three to four years I own it too.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I have them on my rubicon2dr no problems. I cleaned surface with alcohol prep stickes like crazy with the 3m tape .if you dont have heat gun put sill on floor drive around with heat on to warm up

1 - 20 of 33 Posts