Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried last time and got no love from XM.
Now my 2 week old Jeep is going into the shop for a new system tomorrow and once again, I don't want to lose my year of XM.

So if you've been one of the lucky ones that were allowed to transfer service, how did you do it?
How did you word your request?
Was any special info needed?
Was the service actually transferred, or did XM just give you a 1 year trial?
From what I understand, it's not really a trial, it's payed for by FCA. So if it's pre-payed, it should be able to be transferred, but technically I'm not the one who payed for it so I don't have any kind of account information, just the radio ID.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did it. I changed out my 130 radio for a 430n. cost me $15 to transfer, but that was it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
It's going to be hit or miss as to whether Sirius will transfer your free trial. You're going to have to call and speak to someone. If the 1st call doesn't work, try again. You should be able to get a transfer for a $15 fee.

I was successful in transferring service twice. First time was a transfer of my trial from my original OEM 130S radio to a 430N radio. I told Sirius that I was going from one OEM head unit to another and they did the transfer for $15. My second transfer was from a paid subscription on the 430N to a Pioneer 8200NEX. Again, I was charged $15 and had no issues with the transfer.

Reactions: d2mini

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did it. I changed out my 130 radio for a 430n. cost me $15 to transfer, but that was it.
Thanks! But can you offer any info I asked about above as far as what was needed or what they asked for? Was it easy?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Thanks! But can you offer any info I asked about above as far as what was needed or what they asked for? Was it easy?
If they agree to a transfer, you just need the Sirius ID of the old and new radios. If going with an aftermarket unit, you'll need the ID of the external SiriusXM module.

·
Registered
787 Posts
They will try and say that your XM is a trial and they can't transfer it.

Point out that your "trial" had a cost of $220 and they may be more receptive.

I sparred with them shortly over this but abandoned it as dealing with SiriusXM ranks right up there with a root canal and waxing my chest hair for fun wastes of time.

I never listened to it anyway, I was just seeing if I could keep access to something that I paid for.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Might be a problem if the new ID you give tyhem has already been registered with a S/XM account or not. I would expect less problems transferring to a new, previously un-used unit.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They will try and say that your XM is a trial and they can't transfer it.
I think that may have been part of the problem I had last time. I probably said I have a year "trial", and they wont transfer trials.

Might be a problem if the new ID you give tyhem has already been registered with a S/XM account or not. I would expect less problems transferring to a new, previously un-used unit.
I'll be attempting to transfer to a brand new NEX 8200.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've done it on my Ram truck, but still have factory in my Jeep. Never had an issue; however, I've been subscribed since 2005 so that might be a factor.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
The "trail" isn't really free. Its paid for by FCA. You may have paid FCA $220 for the 130S upgrade, but its FCA that is S/XM's customer for that subscription.

So, transferring it from one FCA radio to another FCA radio, might be easier than from an FCA radio to some aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think that may have been part of the problem I had last time. I probably said I have a year "trial", and they wont transfer trials.

I'll be attempting to transfer to a brand new NEX 8200.
Be sure to post your results.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a subsbrution on my subaru I had no issues moving to the jeep in fact they are giving me the trial first then after year then sincei had already paid for 6 months i get a year and a half already prepaid only thing dont like is that i listen to octane, turbo and rock bar and cant get turbo or rockbar on my stock radio, luckily they are moving turbo to a channel i can get later this month

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a subsbrution on my subaru I had no issues moving to the jeep in fact they are giving me the trial first then after year then sincei had already paid for 6 months i get a year and a half already prepaid only thing dont like is that i listen to octane, turbo and rock bar and cant get turbo or rockbar on my stock radio, luckily they are moving turbo to a channel i can get later this month
Yeah, that's totally different. It's all your account, just moving the subscription from one vehicle to another. :)

In this case, as I stated in my OP (and @WaltA confirmed), the initial payed one-year subscription is not in my name. It's FCA's. When I picked up the Jeep, XM was already working, no trial to start or anything like that.
I already put my subscription from the previous vehicle on hold.
Just trying to make sure the year I just payed for through my Jeep purchase doesn't go to waste and can be transferred to a different radio ID.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I had my transferred to my pioneer 4200 for a $15 transfer fee as mentioned by others.

Just call and be polite and ask them to transfer it. If they refuse, hang up and try again. It might take 2-3 calls but they will do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My jeep is currently being shipped and I am without it for about 2 months. All that I requested was to have service paused while I am without the vehicle and am unable to use it. It has been shot down a few times so I just gave up. Definitely one of the most annoying companies I've ever had to deal with

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
My jeep is currently being shipped and I am without it for about 2 months. All that I requested was to have service paused while I am without the vehicle and am unable to use it. It has been shot down a few times so I just gave up. Definitely one of the most annoying companies I've ever had to deal with
When I call to cancel my Mustang's subscription for the winter, they try to PUSH ME into the "pause" instead. The trouble with that, is that one can only "pause" for three months, and the salt season lasts longer than that here.

BTW, by cancelling, I am also now eligible for the new-subscriber promo rates come spring. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I call to cancel my Mustang's subscription for the winter, they try to PUSH ME into the "pause" instead. The trouble with that, is that one can only "pause" for three months, and the salt season lasts longer than that here.

BTW, by cancelling, I am also now eligible for the new-subscriber rates come spring.
Good to know! I will definitely keep that in mind when I have to go through this again after I'm out of my 1 year "trial"

·
Registered
152 Posts
what I hate is that if you get the connectivity package, you are forced to get the Sirius for an additional fee. and it's not a discounted rate.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what I hate is that if you get the connectivity package, you are forced to get the Sirius for an additional fee. and it's not a discounted rate.
It's all included in the base price of the Sahara and Rubicon, no extra charge. Connectivity is still an option.
In the Sport, I believe you are paying for the satellite equipment, not just service.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
It's all included in the base price of the Sahara and Rubicon, no extra charge. Connectivity is still an option.
In the Sport, I believe you are paying for the satellite equipment, not just service.
Yep. I don't think Sirius has anything to do directly with the Connectivity Package/Group.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts