Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the 4" Teraflex system with 8 flexarms? 'cause..

I just ordered this for my '13 JKUR. Gets installed Monday/Tuesday. I can't wait.
If you have this, how do you like it?
I want it to drive normal in case the Girlfriend drives it. She does not know about the lift yet, she saw the 35" tires I have in garage.

Getting new front driveshaft, Rough Country dual steering stabilizer and the TF 9550 shocks. As well as the 35s on stock Rubi rims with spacers. I hope it still fits in garage with soft top up.

I will have the stock stuff up for sale if interested.
Also 5 BFG 255/75 R17 Mud Terrains with 422 miles on them will be up soon.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, can't wait to see this setup.
4" is a good amount of height. If ever you choose a highsteer setup, you will not be able to run the dual stabilizers.

- follow Synergy's control arms lengths to get a basis of where to set them.

Good luck !!

Any questions feel free to ask :thumb:
I have a shop doing the install. They are Jeepers and wheel all the local trails. This is what sold me to have them do it. They said it will feel better than stock, on and off road.
I will put up some pics. I don't have many yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same lift I just put in my 2013 jk. Loving it so much better than stock! I am running 37s tho! Any questions let me know.

Ps. You re-gearing?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just ordered this for my '13 JKUR. Gets installed Monday/Tuesday. I can't wait.
I want it to drive normal in case the Girlfriend drives it. She does not know about the lift yet, she saw the 35" tires I have in garage.
I have it and I love it. I feel like it rides better than stock, hard to describe but there is more control of the suspension over bumps on the highway. My wife drives the Jeep all the time and she has an MDX (comfy etc) for kid duty and when she drives the Jeep, it is fine for her even though she has commented that it is more trucky than the MDX (duh)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Just so you know there isn't really a need for a dual stabilizer setup unless you really want one. A properly set up rig can get away with none to one.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just so you know there isn't really a need for a dual stabilizer setup unless you really want one. A properly set up rig can get away with none to one.
I like to have a stabilizer and the shop recommended this one. I like the way it looked and it's up and out of the way. Can't wait.

·
Registered
909 Posts

Getting new front driveshaft, Rough Country dual steering stabilizer and the TF 9550 shocks. As well as the 35s on stock Rubi rims with spacers. I hope it still fits in garage with soft top up.

I will have the stock stuff up for sale if interested.
Also 5 BFG 255/75 R17 Mud Terrains with 422 miles on them will be up soon.
Where did you get the kit and do you mind me asking how much $$$??

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looks nice! What is your plan for the rear bumper

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I like to have a stabilizer and the shop recommended this one. I like the way it looked and it's up and out of the way. Can't wait.
Correct the steering geomentry the right way. A dual stabalizer is merely for looks. A single does the same job.

I know guys who do 4" lifts and swear the dual SS fixed the bump steer...not so much - its just masking the real issue. Its like a band aid on a arterial bleed...you have just slowed the bleeding.

I have a 4.5" lift and your going to want to correct the drag link and track bar geomentry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Correct the steering geomentry the right way. A dual stabalizer is merely for looks. A single does the same job.

I know guys who do 4" lifts and swear the dual SS fixed the bump steer...not so much - its just masking the real issue. Its like a band aid on a arterial bleed...you have just slowed the bleeding.

I have a 4.5" lift and your going to want to correct the drag link and track bar geomentry.
Strongly agree with this!!!!
I am running the exact same lift (Teraflex 4" with all 8 arms) Fix the steering geometry (track bar and drag link flip, I went with the kit from Synergy suspension for this. great kit!)
I also VERY STRONGLY suggest you also get the teraflex HD rear forged track bar to go with it. ESPICIALLY ON YOUR FOUR DOOR. I think teraflex should include this with the lift. The sock one is not strong enough!

You have already chosen the best lift on the market (Teraflex) with these addons you will have the perfect lift. IMHO anyhow. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts