Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres what im looking for.... (already tried the search function)

I REALLY like the N-Fab side step, but DONT like that it is body mounted.

looking for a frame mounted side step...

JKUR, with 3" lift and 35" tires... just too tall to easily climb in...

I DONT do any Rock sliding... more of a Mall Crawler!! I like the look of the sliders, but really no step function on them...

the N-Fab step drop a bit making them really functional as a step... but again.. not a fan of the body mount.

does the Stock Rubi rails have to come off on all these sliders/steps?

thanx in advance.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
As far as I know, the ACE rails are the only ones that go over the Rubi rails.

Are these more of what you're looking for?

JcrOffroad, Inc. 4 Door Crusader Rock Sliders - JK Wrangler
This. Ace is the only company I have seen that are compatible with OEM rock rails, most don't do this as you are lugging around 2x the weight for no reason.

However, there are no "steps" that bolt to the frame because it is simply not necessary. If you do not need rocksliding protection, there is no reason to drill into the frame. The Ace rails are more than enough for you.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I have no complaints about my ACE rails... and they have taken a few pretty good hits too!! I'd recommend installing some kind of grip tape to the top of the bars or spraying with bed liner for added grip when wet the powder coat can get a little slick

·
Registered
239 Posts
The N-Fab sliders mount to the frame. It just happens to be were the body mounts to the frame as well. Then you can buy the accessory steps for them.

If I remember to, I can post some pictures later.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Here you go. They mount to the frame at the body mounts, but are not mounted to the body. There are probably stronger sliders out there, but the convenience of the accessory steps made them my choice. I wheel pretty often and hard enough. They do fine, and will be more than enough for what you described.

The last two are just to show my underside as proof I use them. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts