Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I believe that is the Iridium .. recommended service interval 100,000 miles... Not sure who makes now; it was Champion several years ago and I have not heard of any change. FWIW... Mopar's run best on Mopar plugs.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The spark plugs that come in the 3.6 engine from the factory are Champion iridium. I have changed my plugs so I am positive they are Champions. I bought the plugs for my 2013 (3.6 engine) from Amazon. They sell a 6 pack of plugs for $51 which comes out to $8.50 per plug. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LH8QZ1R/?coliid=I19PRGX5Z0LTWD&colid=399YPFG70MR7J&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I wouldn't buy my plugs from Amazon. Too many fakes out there. I don't have a link specifically for Mopar but here is one about Motorcraft. I've had fake products before from Amazon.

Reactions: WaltA

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I wouldn't buy my plugs from Amazon. Too many fakes out there. I don't have a link specifically for Mopar but here is one about Motorcraft. I've had fake products before from Amazon.
I have bought spark plugs on Amazon several times now and they have always been the real deal. But there could be fake stuff out there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I will say this...I am shocked at how long the OEM plugs last. I just bought from my sister for a bang around car my mother's old 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited. 163k on it, 3.6, and my brother-in-law for some reason never changed the plugs in it.

Given how worn they were, I am shocked it ran as well as it did. Definitely peppier now...but shocked he wasn't throwing check engine lights for misfires.

Reactions: Freedom JK

·
Registered
10,367 Posts
I have bought spark plugs on Amazon several times now and they have always been the real deal. But there could be fake stuff out there.
IMHO, it might depend on if they are being sold by Amazon, or being sold by a third party thru Amazon.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I will say this...I am shocked at how long the OEM plugs last. I just bought from my sister for a bang around car my mother's old 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited. 163k on it, 3.6, and my brother-in-law for some reason never changed the plugs in it.

Given how worn they were, I am shocked it ran as well as it did. Definitely peppier now...but shocked he wasn't throwing check engine lights for misfires.
That is quite a long time to have the OEM plugs in the engine. I replaced mine at 85,000 miles because I was about to drive from Louisiana to Colorado and back. I just wanted to make that trek with fresh plugs.

·
Registered
10,367 Posts
I need to mark my calendar to change my plugs in 2049. :unsure:

Reactions: Ducman and Jason E

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is quite a long time to have the OEM plugs in the engine. I replaced mine at 85,000 miles because I was about to drive from Louisiana to Colorado and back. I just wanted to make that trek with fresh plugs.
I completely agree with you. If I'd owned it the whole time, I would've changed them right at 100k. I always stick to maintenance schedules. My brother-in-law didn't abuse this Jeep, but he certainly didn't over-maintain it either.

My father and I were both shocked he had ignored dealer recommendations multiple times to change the plugs, based on the service history I got with the Jeep.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts