Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive got metal cloak tube fenders, and the brushed aluminum inner fenders for the front, but cant seem to find anyone who makes inner fenders for the rear of a TJ. I just saw that DV8 makes them for a JK, but no TJ..

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
You probably won't find any because there really isn't a need for them. They have the plastic wheel well liner but if you add on aftermarket fender flares, you will most likely take those out anyway and trim sheet metal on the body and just leave the steel fender well as is. I just sprayed mine with a rubber coating to prevent any rust.

If you are looking to make it pretty and match the front you may have to go to a metal fabricator.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are looking to make it pretty and match the front you may have to go to a metal fabricator.
Yeah, just looking for aesthetics. Kinda what im finding to be the case, not worth paying for something custom, was just kinda hoping to find someone that made em since they have them for the JK. But I guess they are less focused on making new mods for the TJ

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I'm going to make a set of rear quarter sections out of sheet metal to keep the salt,dirt and crap out of the rear corner nooks and crannies.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
After outboarding my rear shocks, I cut my stock plastic fender liners to fit around the shock towers. Looks better and keep the mud and gunk from piling up on my evap canister.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Those liners are hardly useless. They prevent salt and mud from flinging all over the rear and evap canister, wiring, inside and up in the tub and all in the torque box.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Those liners are hardly useless. They prevent salt and mud from flinging all over the rear and evap canister, wiring, inside and up in the tub and all in the torque box.
Nobody said they were useless, but if you install a high clearance tube fender flare on the rear, you'll need to take it out (at least I did) and cut sheet metal where the liner snapped in. I understand that the bottom flap kept mud out of the rear of the fender well where the evap canister goes on some models, but that could be modified to still work. Same with torque box opening. I guess it depends how far you want to go with your mods. I thought I had pics of mine but I don't. Again, I sprayed on a rubber coating to provide the same protection to most surfaces. Since I live in a dry climate and don't drive it all that often in the winter I didn't bother covering all the openings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts