Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about buying a gopro hero 960 camera,how do you like it and what mount do you use to mount it to your jeep? feel free to post your videos
thanks for suggestions

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Brians97 said:
i was thinking about buying a gopro hero 960 camera,how do you like it and what mount do you use to mount it to your jeep? feel free to post your videos
thanks for suggestions
I have not used mine very much yet... But I did put one of the sticky mounts on the inside of the windshield just to get an idea on where a good spot to mount is. Im still trying to find that perfect spot for wheeling. The few videos that I have taken with it have been awesome. I think I have the GoPro Hero II or something like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gopro 960

thanks for suggestions
I have one it's fun! I got a kit from Costco with lots of mounts. The website has sticky mounts and roll bar clamps. Mine is mounted just next to my rear view mirror. The quality of the new HD is spectacular if you have the extra coin laying around and does excellent slowmo.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the original GoPro Hero wide with firmware update to double memory storage. I think it does really nice video, Good enough that I don't think it warrants upgrading to the Hi-Def version(at least for me it doesn't).
Here is an uncut or modded video of 2 of us scouting trails for a fall color tour.
GoPro is mounted to the dash with a sticky mount.

PICT0002 - YouTube

And helmet mounted on an ATV club ride

AllOut's Ride.wmv - YouTube

·
Registered
613 Posts
I Had issues with my video editing software, made all the edits, captions and such but had issues with crashing while saving it. Need better(free) software for editing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have one with the added LCD adapter and a 32 GB memory card. I've made several scuba dive videos and it works great!

·
Registered
421 Posts
how do you like the LCD adapter been thinking about picking that up
I feel that it is a necessary add on. Especially when diving. Without it, you don't really know what you are filming.

·
Registered
290 Posts
to the OP... i have a few GoPro's... and couple of contour...

Pictures taken this afternoon on Toronto's Highway.. 401 Eastbound heading home after work.

and here is my setup...

·
Registered
421 Posts
to the OP... i have a few GoPro's... and couple of contour...

Pictures taken this afternoon on Toronto's Highway.. 401 Eastbound heading home after work.

and here is my setup...
No offense intended but you may want to blur your GPS in the last picture. It took me 5 minutes to locate your address and general information.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Love my GoPro Hero2. A video I did up of my kids snowboarding set at 1080p. I was using a helmet mount and rigged up a mount on my ski-pole.

A few photos from my gopro hero2

·
Registered
290 Posts
No offense intended but you may want to blur your GPS in the last picture. It took me 5 minutes to locate your address and general information.
Ha ha ha lmao! Let's throw some rocks to that house windows..!!!

Thanks for the advice, but not worries if somebody want to know where a live... The camera I use doesn't collect location info like pics taken from cellphones...

So many ways to know where I live, even by checking my sites or any pic I post here...

like I said... No worries... But, on the other hand, who could be interested to know where I live..?? :)

Cheers..!!!

Juan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i should have my go pro camera today. to bad the lcd wont be here today to.. can't wait to try it out

1 - 20 of 20 Posts