Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my windshield brackets and some Hella 500's. As you can see in the picture when they are on I'm blinded by the edge of the lens as it reflects light around the side of the housing. Any recommendations on a good set?

By the way that is a deer in front of me. They really flood out what you can't t see.

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
Are you asking for recommendations on a new set of lights? If so, Rigid Dually's are small and very powerful, plus they are low wattage since they are LED. Hope with helps?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am using Dually LED's, they are amazing!!! They have two types, flood and spot, since I already have Trucklite LEDs as headlights I used spots. They have a a range of up to 1200 ft. not sure if that is true, but the range is really great. I am also using the smittybilt brackets so that they lights aren't visible from inside the Jeep.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I got the same setup, except i got rock guards on mine and it covers the edge. I like mine alot for $99.00 lights.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am using Dually LED's, they are amazing!!! They have two types, flood and spot, since I already have Trucklite LEDs as headlights I used spots. They have a a range of up to 1200 ft. not sure if that is true, but the range is really great. I am also using the smittybilt brackets so that they lights aren't visible from inside the Jeep.
Me too. They're Fantastic!!!! and you're right, so small you don't see them from inside the cab. Love that!

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you don't want to buy anything extra just get some paint, and paint the sides so it doesn't shine it. Or something like plastidip, or if you wanna be real cheap try a sharpie?

·
Registered
531 Posts
If you don't want to buy anything extra just get some paint, and paint the sides so it doesn't shine it. Or something like plastidip, or if you wanna be real cheap try a sharpie?
+1, and another piece of advice, taking pictures while driving at night in the snow.......not a great idea.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Electrical tape around that edge should work as a temporary solution too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Meant to add the rock guards cost me 15.00 if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If those are fog lights then you really should have them mounted further down on your bumper below your head lights. Alot of folks will tell you that only long range/ high beam lights should go on the windshield and fog lights should be as close to the ground as possible. I have a pair of kc slimlite long range lights on my windshield brackets and they work really, really well. If you dong wanna shell out the extra cash im sure the tape around the edges would work, but you could have a much more kick ass view if you swap those out for either kc daylighters or kc slimlites.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I almost made the mistake of mounting windshield lights on my new Jeep again. Last time I did windshield lights;

1) They took away vision on the windshield.
2) I didnt use a gasket material between the mount and the windshield bracket and it totall rusted into crap.
3) I always kept my padded KC vinyl covers on my lights and they held moisture and the bottom rings rusted to crap too.

So beware of my mistakes above! ;-)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
bfgrubi said:
Thats what i did i masked them off then painted them.it cut the glare nicely .im running piaas

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi

I am very happy with the Dually D2 driving light, it does not take away vision on the windshield and that is mostly because I mounted the Smittbilt bracket that is lower than other brackets. I used a rubber gasket as protection.

See my movie here, and I am from Sweden so we have the Hella H4 as stock headlights.

See them in 1080p

Dually D2 Driving beam from Rigid Industries on a 2 door Sahara Wrangler 2012, Part one - YouTube

Dually D2 Driving beam from Rigid Industries on a 2 door Sahara Wrangler 2012, Part Two - YouTube

Switch

·
Registered
678 Posts
Is that light attached to your antennae with a bracket? If so, why?
Hi

I think that the antennae holder is there for to bend the antennae slightly away from the light and hold it in place so it will not bang the lights.

I am not sure it is necessary, it came with the smittbilt bracket. No problem with it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi

I bought it from Orw, offroadwarehouse

Bracket + lights + harness + switch, they sold this as a package

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I would either get rock guards or look at a different mount to give you more viewing. I started with the KC mounts and I wasnt happy with them because half the light was covering the windshield. I switched to Smittybilt mounts and they tuck them out of the way lower and out so my visibility has improved 100%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I before I had a chance to read all the posts I ordered some hid ones off ebay. I ill post when I get them on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts