Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I called RC and talked to Ryan. He gave me 10% off and free shipping. I believe the 4" kit is complete; I got the 2.5".

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks. Here's his contact info copied from jeepforum:

ALL JEEP FORUM MEMBERS GET 10% OFF CALL RYAN AT 1-800-222-7023 EXT 123!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
BTW, I haven't posted any progress lately because I can't make a decision on a wheel and flare combo. I'm keeping the 31's, and I like the pocket flares, but the offset needed to match the 6" flares may look funny with 31's. Looking at Ion 171's 15x8 w/3.5" BS and Tag pocket flares, or refinishing the stock aluminum wheels and go with factory replacement flares. Been stuck on this for a couple weeks, lol.

Not trying to derail your thread, though. Someone else may know of a cheaper source for the RC lift.

·
RUBISEAN
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I totally understand about kicking different ideas around, you will make the right choice in the end. I am sure you already know about painting aluminium that the only way to make it stick is with a good etching primer. I like the pics of your doors in the booth, it is nice to hammer the clear with the doors laying flat... they sure come out slick that way.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ha ha, I know. I wish I could have laid the whole thing over to paint each side. Just pour the clear on right out of the mixing cup. Por-15 has a clear coat and prep that is made for polished metals and they say it is ideal for aluminum wheels. I think it's called Glisten, and it gets good reviews. I really like the stock 5-spoke wheels and I'm leaning that way, but man those pocket flares are sharp too. *sigh*

·
Registered
30 Posts
looking to buy the 4 inch rough country lift within the next few days, who have you guys found to be the cheapest. does the kit come totally complete or do you guys suggest anything extra i will need that does not come with the kit.
thanks
I bought mine on ebay for $499. It was the complete kit w/shocks. It had EVERYTHING you need for the install. Good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's for jeepforum members, which I am, but he didn't verify. If you aren't, I would join just in case.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try "jesteroffroad.com". Maybe he can help you out. His name is Jake.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I actually found a local dealer for RC and got the 4" with shocks for $450. That was tax shipping and everything.
That's an awesome deal!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ryan took 10% off the $450 and shipped free (and no tax). That was a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I might be mistaken (but doubt it), but isint 4" too much for 31s?
Im running 3.5" lift and running 33's...

Or did I misread somewhere...
I'm running 4" suspension and 2" body lift with 35's. And I still need to install TJ rear flares and trim the body! It works ok now but it could use some extra clearance!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts