Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to order the Bestop Throwback for hardtop this week. I can order from Bestop directly or Quadratec. Both are the same price. The only unknown is if Bestop charges taxes when shipping to PA. Who would you order from?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Northridge4x4 with using wranglerforum in discount box is worth looking at.

·
Super Moderator
6,759 Posts
I have ordered from Quadratec, and would do so again. I have also ordered from Northridge4x4 and would happily do so again. The nice thing about Quadratec for me is I live close, so stuff they have in stock is usually delivered the next day for free. Northridge is a little further and so shipping, while free, takes longer.
Both of those vendors offer a discount for forum members, but Northridge is easier to get that discount when shopping online. That is a flaw in the QT system in my opinion. But both have been great companies to deal with. Is what you want in stock at either vendor? That could be the deciding factor.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,852 Posts
I'm in for Northridge. Free shipping, always less than 3 days to arrive and if it shows in stock on their website, it means its in stock. Cant say the same for many, many other websites.

As for Qtec, I ordered from them long ago and what showed in stock, actually wasn't and took several weeks and drop shipping to arrive. Have not shopped there since.

Extreme Terrain. Don't get me and countless others on this site about their lack of availability and billing and shipping and drop shipping. Their CS people are very friendly though.

Morris, and others... Ive never tried. Northridge has always been there.

Reactions: jeepers29

·
Registered
939 Posts
Only issue I've ever had with Q-tech was in stock availability. Bestop has not let me down yet. I have needed little odds and ends for my soft top (grommets, seals, etc.) and they have been great about shipping them, no charge, with just a name and address. Just got a set of grommets from them today. Great customer service, in my book!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered directly from Bestop today.

Northridge did not have the twill top listed.
In case you fellow PA Jeepers are wondering, yes, Bestop collects PA tax.

Reactions: Agrippo

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I ordered directly from Bestop today.

Northridge did not have the twill top listed.
In case you fellow PA Jeepers are wondering, yes, Bestop collects PA tax.
All online retailers are supposed to collect sales tax from everyone.

Now, whether they do or not... That'd a different story.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
317 Posts
I ordered my Bestop from Morris and was happy.

I've also ordered a bunch of stuff from Quadratec over the years, but I was rubbed the wrong way by Justin a few months ago - basically would not give me the discount and his rather abrupt way of insisting that sales tax is now charged on everything, he could have approached it differently, and as a result they lost some sales from me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I am looking to order the Bestop Throwback for hardtop this week. I can order from Bestop directly or Quadratec. Both are the same price. The only unknown is if Bestop charges taxes when shipping to PA. Who would you order from?

Do you realize how close to Quadratec you are?
In store pickup and I'll bet you could find someone there to help with the install, in a bay possibly with the current weather.
Seriously I have driven there several times from CT for their Jeeps n Java days.
GO THERE!!!! You won't be sry

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is a kick in the butt.
I ordered yesterday direct from Bestop and today Quadratec launches a new promo $75 gift card. Ugh

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had a very good experience with Quadratec. Two weeks after I bought my lift it went on sale for Black Friday. I called and was issued a credit right away without any questions.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,852 Posts
Here is a kick in the butt.
I ordered yesterday direct from Bestop and today Quadratec launches a new promo $75 gift card. Ugh
Isn't Bestop offering a free install with certain products? Might want to look into that. Check their site.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
All online retailers are supposed to collect sales tax from everyone.

Incorrect. Currently, tax is generally collected only if the buyer and business are in the same state, but that changes if third parties or nexus are involved.That will be changing soon.

When you are obligated to collect sales tax online
The basic rule for collecting sales tax from online sales is:

If your business has a physical presence, or “nexus”, in a state, you must collect applicable sales taxes from online customers in that state.

If you do not have a physical presence, you generally do not have to collect sales tax for online sales. However, in June of 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling that will likely change this exemption to collecting sales tax. States are expected to begin collecting sales taxes regardless of having a physical presence in the state.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts