Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have two adopted daughters; one just turned two, and the other is six months old, so my time in the garage has been little bit limited. Well as of this morning it looks like it’s going to be even more limited:

Woopsie. Any tips or tricks will be happily received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
322 Posts
Congratulations. That is awesome.

My tip is to find a good reformed Baptist church they tend to have a lot of big families.

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Haha congratulations!!

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh dear. Time for a 3 row SUV.
If someone tells you get a minivan tell em to shove where the sun don’t shine. My wife is just over 8 weeks now and I’m on the hunt for an SUV for myself.

Btw .. congrats! You are very blessed.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hey congratulations! 2 future Jeepers!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Congrats!

A friend said twins were 200% of the work up front and 50% later. Four years later, I am still waiting on the 50% part.

Twins jokes get old fast

A minivan should be in your stable. Just too many features for your family dynamic to not have one.

Keep the Jeep for when you do need something to do for yourself.

They will only be little for a small portion of your life, enjoy them every day as they are our future.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Oh dear. Time for a 3 row SUV.
If someone tells you get a minivan tell em to shove where the sun don’t shine. My wife is just over 8 weeks now and I’m on the hunt for an SUV for myself.

Btw .. congrats! You are very blessed.

Minivans are the ultimate vehicle....I love them. I miss mine after going to an SUV.

Congrats on the twins! Kids are awesome. We are fostering after raising 3 and 1 is still at home.

Mothball the Jeep if needed. Don’t sell it if tempted!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
My wife and I have two adopted daughters; one just turned two, and the other is six months old, so my time in the garage has been little bit limited. Well as of this morning it looks like it’s going to be even more limited:

Woopsie. Any tips or tricks will be happily received.

Congratulations!

Only two choices to consider.. Sell now and re-enter the market when it makes more sense or with a less expensive Jeep so you can have both(+minivan) if money is tight.. Or put less money and mileage on your current rig and get back to it when it's time.

I chose the first option and I still miss the one I sold. That said, my son loves his backseat of the new rig. We've been able to keep up with our new tradition every year of his life, a drive in a Jeep on fathers day.

Best of luck,

Jeff B.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody! I’m afraid the minivan discussion is already being had. I may lose that one.

The Jeep definitely won’t be going anywhere. My oldest daughter already has a big interest in it from watching me wrench on the engine. I’m hoping the other three like it as well. We are blessed to live in a tiny town and my commute is only a mile, and my wife is self-employed from home. It’ll be ok.

And for any of the eagle eyed people out there, there are actually three in the picture, but the doctor says one didn’t take. I guess I will consider that a dodged bullet. Haha.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Congratulations!

Reactions: dsaylor

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the thought! Something tells me I’m about to have 4 daughters. Haha.

I hope they’re all into Jeeping like yours is. For fun, but also so they know how to fix things and figure things out.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
A son would sure be nice though. :) Congrats. Don't fight the minivan thing. I know it hurts the image, but everything else about them is good. I had a couple Chevy Ventures when the kids were little and I used them like trucks. They hauled a ton of stuff and towed reasonably well too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts