Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do some people do like a 2in susp lift then a say a 1in body lift? Why not just go a 3in susp lift? The only reason I can think of is after they put the susp lift on they decided to go more then added the body lift.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
The less suspension lift keeps your steering geometry better aligned and the more lift you have you will need a longer drive shaft, upper and lower control arms the list goes on

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
normaly people do a 2 or 3" suspension lift and then do the 1" body lift accompanied with a 1" motor mount lift, MOST of the time this eleminates the need for an sye and cv driveshaft.....most of the time 3" and under on the suspension lift people put a 1" transfer case drop but with the body/motor mount lift you can avoid all that ;]

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
saves you the cost of a sye and new shaft and still allows you to run 33's. Also With a small BL you can run LCG skids.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Nice Bucket :thumb:

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great info.And doing a mml causes the back of the engine to tip downwards,correct?

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Yes a mml lifts the front of the engine thus lowering the tail of the transfer case to help with driveling angles. This avoids the use of a transfer case drop

·
Registered
455 Posts
did the 1" BL on mine becasue I needed new mounts anyhow, plus it gives me the room for the MM lift.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts