Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So been looking for a Jeep. Why a TJ over a YJ? Is their some thing that makes one better than the other? Other than age.My feeling is that things can be fixed. So how about some input? Thanks.:hide:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just recently bought a 03 TJ and for me it was just the my personal preference on the looks and the interior set up. I plan on eventually using mine as my daily driver(that'll be months down the road unfortunately). There are plenty of after market parts and accessories for all Jeeps to customize and make whatever Jeep you buy "your's"! Have FUN,& Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Coil Springs and from what I hear from friends up here in the Canadian North YJ parts are becoming few and far between. Most of the YJ's up here are crumbling away from all the cancerous rust.

·
Registered
546 Posts
For me, I just can't like the square lights. Silly, sure, but thats the way it is. I had a CJ7 and couldn't get another jeep until the TJ came out. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stock to stock and with off-road in mind and better street ride too, with better HVAC controls, and better soft tops--then go with a TJ.

Throwing in a V8 and like square headlights and leaf springs, then go with a YJ.

But it really boils down to personal preference ;)

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I've owned both. I like both. While my TJ was more "creature comfortable", I like the rugged good looks of the YJ better though.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
I think that you will find that most first time Wrangler buyers, buy what their budget tells them they can afford.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
What is a CJ not a option? :)

I think the main points have been hit.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had one of each until recently. I just sold my YJ to my sister in law.

Basically I found that the YJ wasn't getting driven because the TJ was more comfortable. Also, after some suspension work and new tires, it was just as good or better off road.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I got a tj for the coil springs, round headlights, and updated dash.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I wanted a YJ my whole Life!

I bought a TJ cause I got a smoking deal I couldnt refuse
The ride is better than most small truck and crappy cars.Its comfortable and safe.

I want a YJ though,Leaf springs and square headlights makes my jizz in my pants

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
^ I'm sorry about your pants.

Glad I have a TJ

·
I <3 My Jeep
189 Posts
I wanted a YJ my whole Life!

I bought a TJ cause I got a smoking deal I couldnt refuse
The ride is better than most small truck and crappy cars.Its comfortable and safe.

I want a YJ though,Leaf springs and square headlights makes my jizz in my pants
^ I'm sorry about your pants.

Glad I have a TJ
LOL Dave that is funny!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

x2 - That was pretty funny. I think I found my new signature. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I like the way they both look, A friend of mine has a YJ with 6" combo lift and 35" M/T claws on it. It looks sweet! But I also like my TJ with 33's on it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you need to see a Doctor! FAST!!!

I am now going to go wash my hands,that is because I used this key board. :zap:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've only rode in one other Jeep, and that was a TJ. I would be nice to be able to splice in a YJ dash into my LJ when my dash finally rots away, but that's likely to be 20-30 years from now... I love the more classic look of a CJ/YJ dash.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I would be nice to be able to splice in a YJ dash into my LJ when my dash finally rots away, but that's likely to be 20-30 years from now... I love the more classic look of a CJ/YJ dash.
You can always have double D build you a custom dash. That's what he's doing for my YJ, making it look more CJ like. His stuff is very impressive. Check it out if you haven't seen it already:

Jeep CJ Dashs - Double D Fab

1 - 20 of 29 Posts