Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seriously, why is it that every time I do one little thing like vacuuming out the dirt in my Jeep it turns into, removing the seats, removing the front half of the carpet, ordering parts and then installing nuts and bolts for the lock box, and then putting more things on.....and this happens EVERY BLASTED TIME......:pcwhack:...there really needs to be a Jeep modders anonymous.....

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
Right!!! Now I'm looking at buying at 79 cj5 manual with the original 304 V8 with full soft top and doors. I already have a jk and a xj. Now let's add another one to the fold. Lol

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Right!!! Now I'm looking at buying at 79 cj5 manual with the original 304 V8 with full soft top and doors. I already have a jk and a xj. Now let's add another one to the fold. Lol

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Where is this for sale? Can you post a link? ;) :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am trying to decide if I still want to trade the truck in for the new JT or if I want to go with the good ol Jeep Cherokee (square body) with the 4.0 in it, either way I would have to make sure it also had a manual in it....never really cared for the failmatics....err....I mean Automatics....

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
A Jeep habit is still cheaper than...

a boat
a plane
a mistress
a divorce
a gambling problem
a drinking problem*
a <insert favorite drug here> habit

although if not controlled, the Jeep habit can lead to some of the other ones...

* oh wait, I also have that one!

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
I am trying to decide if I still want to trade the truck in for the new JT or if I want to go with the good ol Jeep Cherokee (square body) with the 4.0 in it, either way I would have to make sure it also had a manual in it....never really cared for the failmatics....err....I mean Automatics....
We had a 1999 Cherokee XJ Sport with MT. My first offroad experience. I wanted to keep it as a third car but my wife insisted we sell it so she could get a Land Rover. I wish we had kept it, that would have been an awesome offroad rig. Bulletproof 4.0 with all that low end torque, ideal wheelbase IMO. Years later I ended up buying the JKU to scratch that itch.

If I ever find an XJ without too much rust for sale, I may just take it and turn it into a trail-only rig.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We had a 1999 Cherokee XJ Sport with MT. My first offroad experience. I wanted to keep it as a third car but my wife insisted we sell it so she could get a Land Rover. I wish we had kept it, that would have been an awesome offroad rig. Bulletproof 4.0 with all that low end torque, ideal wheelbase IMO. Years later I ended up buying the JKU to scratch that itch.

If I ever find an XJ without too much rust for sale, I may just take it and turn it into a trail-only rig.
not saying much here but if you still have the vin off that jeep it can still be tracked.......:whistling:....you can ask me how I know :D

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

Are you on NAXJA? One of my camping buddies is the pres; he'd look out for you...

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aside from the new JT I am considering trading my truck for an XJ, not sure if I would want to get the LWB or the SWB (2 door VS 4 door) but my truck is running well but not used as much anymore sadly

·
Registered
96 Posts
Automatics are typically preferred over manual transmissions in the world of rock climbing for sure. No need for a hand throttle or a third foot.

I sold my 2001 TJ Sport with 5 speed manual and now drive a 2018 JK Willys Wheeler with an auto transmission. Had to break the habit of left leg moving to press in clutch in the JK, LOL! I miss the manual sometimes, but sure as hell not in heavy traffic.

Not sure what the preference is for over landing, but I am happy with the auto.

To each their own! :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
modding wise which would theoretically have more mods (or be easier to mod)? a XJ 2 door or 4 door, auto or manual in either?

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
Aside from the new JT I am considering trading my truck for an XJ, not sure if I would want to get the LWB or the SWB (2 door VS 4 door) but my truck is running well but not used as much anymore sadly
The US built XJ's (not the Bejing Jeep) were all the same wheelbase. There was no difference between the 2 door and 4 door.

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
modding wise which would theoretically have more mods (or be easier to mod)? a XJ 2 door or 4 door, auto or manual in either?
I would go for a 97'-01' 4 door. The engine management system and intake were better IMO than the earlier 4.0 setups from Chrysler.

That said, I would take my old 87' AMC built with the 4.0 and Selec-Trac over anything later.

I'll try and find a pic of my 85' 2 door.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I believe in 99 they started using the HP D30 as well, and many TJ owners were happy to swap it in.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
No Whining now....
257 Posts
A Jeep habit is still cheaper than...

a boat
a plane
a mistress
a divorce
a gambling problem
a drinking problem*
a <insert favorite drug here> habit

although if not controlled, the Jeep habit can lead to some of the other ones...

* oh wait, I also have that one!
Add to that list: mistress and/or wife.

And I likely have the first two more expensive things......

no whining now...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts