Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back I purchased some upper adjustable control arms from JKS to adjust my caster angle. Now that I thought my finances would permit, I decided I wanted the matching lower.

Not so fast, they are twice as expensive as the uppers. In fact, they are twice as expensive as most all other competition. Has this always been the case and I just didn't pay attention, or are they just THAT much better?

At this price, I'm better off replacing the ones I bought and just buying a whole new set.

·
Registered
200 Posts
A few months back I purchased some upper adjustable control arms from JKS to adjust my caster angle. Now that I thought my finances would permit, I decided I wanted the matching lower.

Not so fast, they are twice as expensive as the uppers. In fact, they are twice as expensive as most all other competition. Has this always been the case and I just didn't pay attention, or are they just THAT much better?

At this price, I'm better off replacing the ones I bought and just buying a whole new set.
.....or just buy someone else's lowers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Well, now is about as good of a time as any to release this info. We have been sitting on it for some time! All of our systems with welded control arm ends are now shipping with our new Pro Flex Joints! See images below. *They are a hybrid joint. Almost a true spherical joint, but with an anti wobble feature to hold the orientation of the control arms that are bent for high clearance (much like a trophy truck trailing arm). *They can be serviced in the vehicle with light duty marine grade grease. *The races or bushing material is a thermoelastomer. An injection molded product that gets pushed into the tool at 10,000 psi. The density and parts are much more consistent then urathanes or vulcanized rubber products because of this process. The thermoelastomer has a durometer of 70A which makes it much softer than most poly's or rubber products commonly found in the industry. Thus it absorbes vibration better. *They are easily rebuilt with the standard tools used on our Pro Series Krawler Joints. *We offer two races for them. Black as shown with a durometer of 70A or red for actual race vehicles with a durometer of 94A. *They offer +/- 15 degrees of deflection when installed in the vehicle and unlimited MacroMotion as the ball can pivot freely... We feel with the new Pro Flex Joints and the unbelievable success of our Pro Series Krawler Joints, we are offering some of the most durable, most capable control arms in the off-road industry.. The new Pro Flex Joints will be on display at TDS for those of you that can get out there and check them out in person. The official press release of the new joints should be out March 16th.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've been contemplating LCAs and those RKs just look like what I might need!

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I just bought all JKS control arms (adjustable) both upper and lower, front and rear. I used the price match that Quadratech offers, and found the front lower arms for about $250 less, and they matched the price, I got them for $544. PM me if you want the info.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
I just bought all JKS control arms (adjustable) both upper and lower, front and rear. I used the price match that Quadratech offers, and found the front lower arms for about $250 less, and they matched the price, I got them for $544. PM me if you want the info.
that's the best part of shopping ... looking for deals!! spending ... not so much lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts