Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still waiting for my Flame Red 2014 Unlimited, but I wanted to order some decals, but I wasn't sure what color to order.

I wanted to match the color of the OEM decals, so I browsed at some photos of Flame Red Jeeps, only to discover that some had black letters, others seemed to be silver or white.

It made me wonder why some are black letters... others not. Is it because they are different years? Or just different option packages (24C, 24S, 24R, etc)?

While I'm on the subject... once I nail down the color, where can I get good quality decals? I'm mainly looking to just add "Wrangler" to the hood.

·
Registered
346 Posts
My 2012 Flame Red JK Sport had grey, I wish they were black, so I debadged them. Here is a source for decals. If they don't have what you want he will do customs like my palm tree. I provided the artwork via email. Cost $5.00 each side.
pixeldecals.com

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I'll check them out!

So, I will assume that all 2012s had grey letters. Anyone know what color the 2014s are?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Flame Red 2013 JKU here - Sahara. It doesn't seem too consistent but maybe it changes depending upon Sahara/Sport/Rubicon or interior color + exterior. Then again, maybe it's whatever is in supply when yours rolls down the line...

Not sure if it helps, but my lettering is below.
"Sahara" and Sahara logo = yellowish tan
"Wrangler" & "Unlimited" = black

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought. It looks like the Wrangler lettering shifted to black in 2013. I'm guessing that the tan Sahara color never changes... keeping the spirit on the sand look.

I'm guessing they will continue using black for 2014, but I won't know for sure until I see one.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
That's what I thought. It looks like the Wrangler lettering shifted to black in 2013. I'm guessing that the tan Sahara color never changes... keeping the spirit on the sand look. I'm guessing they will continue using black for 2014, but I won't know for sure until I see one.
I thought the tan didn't look good on my Gecko, so I replaced it with a charcoal/black set:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stopped by a local dealer today and they had quite a few 2014s, including a Flame Red Unlimited, so I can specifically confirm that the 2014 Red Flame Wranglers have black lettering.

Still waiting for mine...

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
pixeldecals is on here - just do a search for them. They were doing a bunch of different logos and such, in different colors too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts