Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would say becasue they have been around for awhile and for thier treasd design is dreat off road but on road is another story

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am getting a set cause well im awesome and jeeps are awesome and swampers are awesome sooo you get the picture.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
They're definitely NOT the best offroad tire, hands down.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Cause it's alot easier to say "U got swampers on 'er?" vs. "Do you have bf goodrich all terrain ko's?"

Or maybe that is just the ******* in me.

My opinion is they are one of the older mud tire manufactures. They make a good mud tire but not great on the road but people stick with what they know.
I have mud trac's on my CJ7...not many ppl heard of them but I love them but can't get 'em anymore so time to move on to something else.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i heard they wear very quickly

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
cjt037 said:
I would say becasue they have been around for awhile and for thier treasd design is dreat off road but on road is another story
Yeah on road and on ice they suck. Deep snow is great though

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Between their LTB, TSL Bias, Irok and SX, they're all great in mud, they grab great on trails and do awesome in the rocks. The Boggers are a great dedicated mud tire. The best offroad tires are never going to do great on the road though. One tire is made for one thing, a street tire is made for another from tread design to tire compounds, etc. There are good compromise tires that do decent on the street as well as trails, but none will be as good as a dedicated offroad or dedicated street tire. My old worn out TSL Bias would go places that many other full tread supposed off road tires wouldn't go.

That said, outside the Boggers, Iroks and Thornbirds (not recommended) they're all hard/impossible to get due to production. The Pitbull tires are in my opinion the only tire that matches the off road performance of the Interco tires... actually they probably exceed them.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Super Swamper tire are as good or better than any tire offroad. The sticky Irocks are the best gripping rock crawling tire I've ever used, and that includes competition Goodyears, BFGs and Maxxis.

On road is another story. Interco absolutely cannot build a round tire, period.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had 31/12.5/15 Interco Thornbirds were fun off-road, looked awesome! But on road you could not carry on a conversation w/o yelling. Jeep had a soft top & it sounded like a prop plane going down the road at 40mph. Oh and the rumble strips we gave in a few places here in Hillsdale you could not feel them.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts