Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now let me start off by stating that I AM IN NO WAY bashing anybody who owns a JK. I personally have no problem with JK or JK owners. I'm just curious as to what made you decide to buy. Warranty, the new factor, features..........

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Four reasons.

1) I like the looks of the JK. It has a larger profile and looks meaner
2) Disabled Veteran, just can't work on a vehicle like I used to but wish I could
3) Jeeps are personal, I like a blank slate to make it my own. Not what someone else liked
4) Why would you sale your Jeep? Once you own one you love it if your a true Jeeper. So if there is one for sale then I just have to assume (not that it is true) that it was rode hard and it had it's fun already.

In 5 years when the loan is up, Smokey goes to my daughter who loves it to and I will get another one for reason number 2.

·
Registered
840 Posts
My Jeep is my first brand new vehicle....

Reasons why I chose it:
1) Rugged looks without looking obnoxious (coughhummercough)
2) For a Jeep, it's 'roomy', even the 2 door. I'm amazed at what I can get in it even with the rear seat in place, and with it down, TONS of room.
3) Off-road capabilities. I'm totally new to the world of off roading and look forward to many years of fun on the trails.
4) Overall I just loved the way it felt to drive it. The second I pulled out of the dealers lot to take it for a spin, I knew that the Jeep was for me!
Anyone who has a Jeep, any year, knows what I'm talking about!!

:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Honestly,i like all of the JKs,but if they have a certain set-up..tires,wheels,lift..etc....they are just plain bad-ass looking...and if its a nice day out,and the top/doors are off....the chicks dig it

·
Official WF thread de-railer
3,952 Posts
First and foremost, I didn't want a used Jeep. I didn't want to buy someone else's throwaway. Too harsh? Maybe, but that's how my mind works and it's a big investment.
Second, I love the way the JK looks. The wide fenders, the stance, all of it.
Third, the JK comes stock with 32" tires.
Fourth, it's my daily driver and say what you will, the JK is the best Wrangler yet for said duty.

Just my opinion. If it was 2006, I would be completely happy with a new TJ.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i bought mine "used" w/6k miles. 2010 black mtn edition, hard top, tow package, 22k. good deal? i think so.

anyways, i came from 8 years of driving a TJ w/a soft top and the longer wheel base, more agressive look, and hard top were all very appealing to me

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
1) freedom top

2) improved everything (based on my prior CJ2/Willys Overland/J2000 experience

3) mobile man-cave

Having learned decades ago Jeep could take me anywhere I wanted to go, the notion of doing such in comfort was welcome novelty. That my last tank of gas produced 23.4 mpg is just added pleasure.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
First and foremost, I didn't want a used Jeep. I didn't want to buy someone else's throwaway. Too harsh? Maybe, but that's how my mind works and it's a big investment.
Second, I love the way the JK looks. The wide fenders, the stance, all of it.
Third, the JK comes stock with 32" tires.
Fourth, it's my daily driver and say what you will, the JK is the best Wrangler yet for said duty.

Just my opinion. If it was 2006, I would be completely happy with a new TJ.
I completely agree. I bought a 2 year old CJ and regretted that it was used. It had a hard life for those 2 years.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I chose the jk because the 2011 interior is vastly superior to previous model years.

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
Like others have said, I like the way the JK looks. But more importantly, it's just as capable off the pavement as any of the previous models, while being far better on the pavement (IMO, of course) than the others. Like Sinister said, for those of us that also use the Jeep as a daily driver, on-road comfort is important.

Even with all those that DO bash the JK owners, I have yet to see any real reason why. I've never seen a TJ do something that a similarly-equipped JK was incapable of.

·
Registered
361 Posts
1) Its a Jeep. All though some people don't think so
2) Its the ultimate 4x4 ( rock crawling, mudding, or just trail driving)
3) Everybody loves a Jeep.
4) Affordable, basic drivetrain, and easy to work on.
5) It has what a 98 inch wheel base. Come on I can park this thing anywhere, and turn around on a 2 lane road with 35" tires and never touch the grass.
6) The doors come off. Enough said.
7) It got me off crack. I buy to much stuff for this damn thing that I can't afford crack anymore.
8) Lol didn't know any of the above until I bought it. But the main reason I bought was because my cradit is low, not bad just didn't have any credit, and its the only new vehicle on the lot that I could get approved for. Lol!
9) Its the only convertible a guy can drive without looks like a douche bag!

P.S. I don't do crack and never have. But I couldn't do it if I wanted to cuz my Jeep sucks up all spare change and extra cash I got.

Sent from my Droid using WF Access

·
Registered
361 Posts
j33pZ said:
I chose the jk because the 2011 interior is vastly superior to previous model years.
To much chrome. But if your a mall Crawler I could see why you like it.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have always liked Jeeps. From CJ to TJ, not forgetting MJ-ZJ, and when I paid off my little S10 and was ready for a new ride I wanted a Jeep. Lime a lot of other people, I wanted something new. When I saw the JK at the auto show next to the Gladiator concept, I said whichever hits the market first. Since Chrysler is taking their time getting another Jeep truck out I bought my first Wrangler and love it!

·
Registered
361 Posts
jeffk42 said:
First of all, that's a pretty rude comment to someone you don't know.

Second, there is very little chrome in the 2011 interior.
Barrie in Utah said:
How about we keep it on topic, and keep the smart a$$ replies to ourselves.:)
They stated there options so I stated mine. Second they dissed my interior so it only fair that I retaliate back knowing you or not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Because contrary to what people think improvements that come about as a brand matures are usually good thing! Plus I wanted a warranty. even if its a shi**y Chrysler one.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts