Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard this twice since buying my Jeep about two weeks ago. And they only said it after I told them how much I paid (which was after they asked how much I paid). Part of their reasoning was that the HR is limited edition and "you know it costs more than $42K just by looking at it".

Who else bought a non-Hard Rock Rubicon that had a higher MSRP than a HR edition? The MSRP on mine was $48k (got it for $43). The reason I bought mine was because it was already set up as if I ordered it. The HR's I saw in white didn't have 4.10 axle ratio, black heated seats, and matching top/fenders.

The power domes are probably a love it or hate it for most people. But if the regular hood is a 10, the power dome is a 9 for me. I like it, but prefer the regular hood. I like the HR bumpers better of course. And I like the regular wheels better than the HR wheels.

Normally I would always go for the higher trim model, but with Wranglers, there are so many different options to choose from.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I got the hard rock. I think the actual difference in price is a little over $2k, which gets you the hood, bumpers, gas door, floor mats, custom instrument panel, leather arm rests, premium rock rails, and a trail bag. To me it is well worth it. If it doesn't appeal to you, then be happy with what you got! Mine stickered for $47k or so, and i paid $41.6k. The only options I did not get were the hard top and color match.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
In the looks dept, it's hard to beat the hard rock...
Call me crazy, but I would not have gone for a standard rubi optioned out higher msrp than a hard rock, but to each his own.
I personally went for a base rubi and have been building up a hard rock knock off! :lmao:

My rubi stickered for $40K (paid $34,8XX plus taxes) , there were sports loaded up very close to that sticker price

·
Administrator
17,013 Posts
I love the hood!! We almost got the "X" when we ordered ours. I didn't get one for a couple of reasons;
  • Didn't want leather.
  • I already had the bumpers I wanted. Wanted something more than the HR bumpers.
  • But the Biggy was there was a wait on Copperhead Pearl in the "X" model that year, I didn't want to risk not getting my color.
The hood is the only thing I regret. Might still get one.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I've heard this twice since buying my Jeep about two weeks ago. And they only said it after I told them how much I paid (which was after they asked how much I paid). Part of their reasoning was that the HR is limited edition and "you know it costs more than $42K just by looking at it".

Who else bought a non-Hard Rock Rubicon that had a higher MSRP than a HR edition? The MSRP on mine was $48k (got it for $43). The reason I bought mine was because it was already set up as if I ordered it. The HR's I saw in white didn't have 4.10 axle ratio, black heated seats, and matching top/fenders.

The power domes are probably a love it or hate it for most people. But if the regular hood is a 10, the power dome is a 9 for me. I like it, but prefer the regular hood. I like the HR bumpers better of course. And I like the regular wheels better than the HR wheels.

Normally I would always go for the higher trim model, but with Wranglers, there are so many different options to choose from.
Change the bumpers if you desire and then it's the way you want it! I prefer the old styles aev bumpers without the hoop and the enhanced rock rails. Get the mopar gas door to clean it up also. Enjoy your new jeep it sounds like a nice one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
a few of you mention getting the jeep at a nice discount to msrp. how? where? any tips? I am in ny and it seems like I can only get down 1-2k below msrp.
going to be buying in next few weeks. debating between willys wheeler w, the rubicon, and the HR. any thoughts or guidance appreciated as well

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am in northern Bergen county NJ.. all the local dealers maybe took off no more than $1500 max off the $44k sticker.. i found a dealer 55 miles away and got it for $39,700 on a $43,750 sticker..

so you might have to travel a bit.

·
Registered
669 Posts
it is the same thing you hear when you ride a harley..
I hear harley guys say all the time to those that ride other than a harley..

you should have bought a harley..

what it really comes down to .. get what you want and tell those people to piss off. .
some get what they can afford and others get the model that they will use. off road. mall crawling.. daily driver.. ect..

I got a hard rock for 37000.00 a good deal. but more than others can afford..

you should get what you want/can afford

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the hood--already 'modded' it by Dremeling out the (mostly) fake vents. Now she can actually breathe through them.

The HR Edition worked for me. If you are pleased with your own rig you need apologize to nobody, nowhere, no way.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wish I would have gotten the hard rock because now I'm pricing the bumpers and hood. The instrument cluster is also nice but am not considering buying that. I picked up my rubicon for a decent price back in October. Sticker was $46k and bought it for $39k. Had they had an HR on the lot I probably would have gone that way. One thing I really like about my Rubicon that I could not get in a true hard rock is the saddle interior. I've never been one for brown seats but I like how these have a darker color to them.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I hate, hate, hate black wheels.

Not crazy about leather.

I wanted the tan interior.

I knew I'd be buying bumpers.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I hate, hate, hate black wheels.

Not crazy about leather.

I wanted the tan interior.

I knew I'd be buying bumpers.
Do you have the Chrome Spinners Mike? I knew somebody had those!:)

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Msrp was 9k more than the sport I wanted after I added all the fun options I wanted.

For that difference in price I got 35" tires, wheels, a whole new front axle assembly with deeper gears and a locker, a front bumper I like better, a winch, full skid plates, flat fenders, and soft front doors.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was the single reason I chose the JKUR and not the HR...I loaded it up with more options than the HR package and added the hood as well.
I'm glad at least one other person did the same as me. :)

I like mine, better than the HR version so I'm fine with my purchase. Probably the only time I will not opt for the higher trim model.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm glad at least one other person did the same as me. :)

I like mine, better than the HR version so I'm fine with my purchase. Probably the only time I will not opt for the higher trim model.
:D Agreed, I would have had the HR fully loaded if there were tan or saddle option.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I bought the Rubi-X (2014 version of the HR) Because I wanted the "Luxo-Limo - Easy Button" version.
In my personal opinion, the only thing that would have made this specific Jeep better is if I could have opted for Katzkin leather that mimics the Ford King Ranch interior. I think that is the best truck interior material/color ever done.
Load that puppy up Brother Jeep Man! :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts