Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My biggest pet peeve with high end vehicles is when their owner's leave the dealer badges or license plate frames on them. I mean, why would anyone buy a $30k+ vehicle and want a cheesy dealer logo or license plate frame on it?

I see no logical reason to advertise for a car dealer after I've already likely given them a decent profit margin on a sale or continue to give them my service business.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Lazy

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I understand that, most people don't care. I still have mine on there, but I haven't found, or bought, a new one that I like enough to spend any money on. I'm not gonna go buy a crappy one I don't like to replace a free crappy one I don't like.

·
Registered
771 Posts
haha, yeah I actually said to my dealer as she was putting the plates on and then the cover, jeeze, should give me a refund for advertising for you for those.

Even funnier (worse) are super deluxe sports cars with used car dealer plate holders! See dude in a ferrari or bentley and the fool left the used car dealer plate holder on the back, "Jimmy's Exoctic Used Cars" what fool. :rofl:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I feel the same way but that's for EVERY vehicle on the road no matter how cheap it is! Every dealer car I've ever bought has had the plate and/or decal removed by the dealer before I left their lot because they got my money and don't deserve the free advertising. But then I consider myself an automobile enthusiast and most people don't think more about their car than the shoes on their feet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i remove all dealer logos from my vehicle and from my families vehicles. I hate that they even put it on there, its dumb and tacky. I dont even like to see the manufacturer stuff on my cars, i guess it is all just personal preference or lazyness.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I took mine off...not sure I even made it off the lot. You're spot on - I paid for the Jeep, I'm not advertising for free. Likewise, the spare cover goes as well.

On a related note, anyone seen replacement parts for cheap on things like Jeep vents, grab handles, etc.? I see the billet replacements...they're pricey.

Honestly, everyone knows it's a Jeep...because the Wrangler is one of the most iconic vehicles in history. I certainly don't need a bunch of "Jeep" logos on the INSIDE of the vehicle to explain it to ME.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
For me, the dealer frame and any stickers come off immediately along with any spare tire cover.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My first "mod" on any vehicle usually consists of removing the dealership plate frame and decal. I HATE them!

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
I took mine off...not sure I even made it off the lot. You're spot on - I paid for the Jeep, I'm not advertising for free. Likewise, the spare cover goes as well.

On a related note, anyone seen replacement parts for cheap on things like Jeep vents, grab handles, etc.? I see the billet replacements...they're pricey.

Honestly, everyone knows it's a Jeep...because the Wrangler is one of the most iconic vehicles in history. I certainly don't need a bunch of "Jeep" logos on the INSIDE of the vehicle to explain it to ME.
Is that like when people put the name of their vehicle on the windshield?? Like Mustang, or Blazer etc....is that so THEY remember what they drive? or so others know what they drive?:whistling:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Maybe some of us like our dealership and would gladly encourage anyone else to go there. Some people go out of their way to put a sticker on their jeep that advertises the brand of tires, battery, shocks etc. They certainly didn't drop 30k with those folks. But in reality, its just because I haven't done anything requiring removing it yet. When it is relocated, it won't have the old frame left on...

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
The first thing I did when I got home with my jeep was remove all the dealer plates, badges, etc.(and there were quite a few of them.)
I guess I got lucky, I only had the license plate frame, no decals....thos would have come off, I just need to find a replacement frame, any ideas??

·
Registered
642 Posts
Mine just had a small sticker and that's it. I left it cause I bought mine from a smaller dealer just outside of all the big dealers in the city I live. And I live to support the smaller community dealers where it's more personal and I got amazing service. ($28,000 for a brand new arctic jku).

I done get how it's any different then people with all the upgrade stickers. (Teraflex, aev, etc....).

Bryce

·
Registered
198 Posts
I guess I got lucky, I only had the license plate frame, no decals....thos would have come off, I just need to find a replacement frame, any ideas??
If I recall correctly, I had:
Plate Cover
Badge
Gell Logo Sticker-thing
Small sticker on front window
Sticker on fold down mirrors

I still don't have my license plate, so I don't have any frame right now.

I probably need to pick one up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
narphenal said:
If I recall correctly, I had:
Plate Cover
Badge
Gell Logo Sticker-thing
Small sticker on front window
Sticker on fold down mirrors

I still don't have my license plate, so I don't have any frame right now.

I probably need to pick one up.
Every new vehicle I have them remove anything dealer related before delivery, when we picked up our arctic in Tenn in June I asked if I get paid to advertise for them, he said no, I said take it all off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No need to have a frame at all, front license plate screwed straight on the bumper, rear goes in the lighted license plate holder... Think of all of the weight I'm saving by having no frame!!!

1 - 20 of 234 Posts