Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted some information on there sunshade and another product, so I click on "contact us" it takes you to another page where you first have to fill out a form and have someone get back to you. If that's what I have to do to get some information on a product I can't imagine if you had actually technical questions if they would ever call or be of any help...

Very frustrating....

·
Administrator
12,456 Posts
I wanted some information on there sunshade and another product, so I click on "contact us" it takes you to another page where you first have to fill out a form and have someone get back to you. If that's what I have to do to get some information on a product I can't imagine if you had actually technical questions if they would ever call or be of any help...

Very frustrating....

855-303-7483. from there driveoffroad.com site.. same company.. i am sure they can help you out...

·
Registered
366 Posts
God forbid you answer questions so they can put you in touch with the most helpful department and save you time instead of transferring you to a couple different people.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The less parts lonald buys, the more are available for the rest of us!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To each is own I guess....
Just was ticked off I had a few minutes to take care of some stuff and couldn't....

·
Registered
832 Posts
To each is own I guess....
Just was ticked off I had a few minutes to take care of some stuff and couldn't....
The epitome of "I want it now!"

If it's that much of an issue/that important a question, either fill out the form or ask on the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,669 Posts
Well, I agree with The Lonald. In my business, if you have a question and you look on our website, you find ways to get in touch with a real person, at YOUR convenience, not at ours. You can all us (phone No. right on the home page in big print.) You can email a general email box, or you can choose a specific email box that coincides with your problem or question (billing, customer service, scheduling, production, etc.) Do you need to talk to the President? My email's on there. Or call the number and ask for me.

And I am positive our company is larger in annual sales than Rugged Ridge.

If Lonald has a question and wants the answer RIGHT NOW, why shouldn't he get it? I imagine that he left the site and went to somebody else's site who makes the same thing and bought it from them after they answered his question.

Now, what I wouldn't do is start a thread like this -- but to each his own.

By the way, Lonald, I have a RR Eclipse sunshade that I used for about a month, then replaced my softtop with a Bimini top, so no need for it anymore. PM me (I WILL answer my PM :D:D:D) if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I'd venture a guess they pay their staff next to nothing and have a high turnover rate.

Or they simply contract the customer service end of it out to call center somewhere in the middle of Eastkabumfukistan and don't really care if you like it or not.

And why would they? You are not their customer.

They only sell mass produced cheap products from China by the container load to large vendors like Q-Tec and 4WD parts. Individual sales are not their market.

If you want stuff like quality, proper fitment, instructions, warranty and customer service Rugged Ridge, Rough Country and the rest like them are not the ones to buy from.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Lonald, give them another chance. I understand a little aggravation, but they have fine products. I drive a fairly stock JK, but what products I've gotten from them have been first class with first class service. Don't turn your back on them and ignore their products, only hurting yourself if you do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tend to agree with the OP as well. We have turned into a text/email society, and sometimes it drives me crazy! I work long hours and don't have free time often, so sometimes I just need to get stuff done when I have the time. And if I want to have a conversation with someone I like to get it done with in one go, as opposed to over a several day period via email. I would probably avoid doing business with a company I couldn't call with a question.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tend to agree with the OP as well. We have turned into a text/email society, and sometimes it drives me crazy! I work long hours and don't have free time often, so sometimes I just need to get stuff done when I have the time. And if I want to have a conversation with someone I like to get it done with in one go, as opposed to over a several day period via email. I would probably avoid doing business with a company I couldn't call with a question.
it takes 2 seconds to see they are part of Replacement Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, Bumpers, Soft Tops, leading Manufacture Omix-ADA
and there is a phone number listed at the bottom. People are so crazy busy they don't have a second to spare to fill out a form or research a number but they can complain about it in an online forum? lol

We have turned into a society of complainers where every person has to have their voice heard on everything.

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
I had to go through Omix Ada's contact protocol to appeal for my Rebate. Long story short, I purchased RR XHD and sent in my rebate but I didn't provide my UPC number.

I had to create a ticket on the Omix Ada contact info website on more than one occasion. They replied the same day or the next day. They even called me to follow up on a question that they have regarding my rebate. My rebate took a while but Omix Ada followed through and replied to each of my questions.

Would I buy another Rugged Ridge product? Depends on if I like the product. Their customer service is ok, but way better than some other companies which I shall not name.

·
Registered
81 Posts
it takes 2 seconds to see they are part of Replacement Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, Bumpers, Soft Tops, leading Manufacture Omix-ADA
and there is a phone number listed at the bottom. People are so crazy busy they don't have a second to spare to fill out a form or research a number but they can complain about it in an online forum? lol

We have turned into a society of complainers where every person has to have their voice heard on everything.
Wow, no need to call me out like that for not being in agreement with the masses. I never said I had a problem with this company, just made a general statement about how I find it difficult to deal with a company via email, waiting 24-48 hours for a response. Then if there is a follow-up question, waiting another 24-48 hours. Sorry I prefer to have a 5 minute conversation in just 5 minutes, not over the course of an entire week.

Thanks, though, for taking time out of your busy life to complain about my preferences. Welcome to your so-called society of complainers.
:thumb:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I can agree with some aspects of this. If your question was something like "Will this fit a 4dr model?" And they made you fill out a form and wait a day to hear back, then yes, that is frustrating and should be posted on their site. If your question was technical and more specific to your situation, then that method of sorting out customer questions is acceptable. You guys have to consider just how much email, phone calls, mail (maybe) these companies are getting EVERY day. It never stops. So I don't think it's very fair to knock a company's customer service, when you haven't even given them a chance to provide it to you.

Just my .02

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also agree with OP on this. I just ordered a door for my house and one of the main reasons that I ordered from the company that I did order from was because they had a contact number on the front page. Called the number and had an answer for the questions in just a few minutes. Not saying that not having a number is a deal breaker for me but it will always help make the sale.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts