Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You Learn to appreciate the simplicity of your YJ when it's time to change out your Radiator, 8 bolts and a couple hose clamps 40 mins tops, or you could have this... 4hrs of taking shit apart and putting it back together. In the half dozen or so radiators I've replaced, this was the 1st time I've had to remove the core support, and most of the front clip to get the damn thing out. PITA

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Years ago, I had an '03 Grand Cherokee. Nice ride, but I hated working on that thing.

I'll take my stone simple YJ (or any of my old pickups) any day of the week.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The biggest problem I have with working on my YJ is that I'm short and it's not.
Neighbors can always tell when I've plan to work on the jeep because the first thing I do is carry my step stools out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I love being able to work on my YJ. The water pump went out on my work truck which is a 2007 GMC 2500 HD turbo diesel and there was no way we were going to try and tackle that job. It took a professional mechanic 7 hours with the right tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts